Fifty Years '74 ~' 24

Mr Mojo Risin

Cactus Brew Drinker
Reaction score
I got to like Queen because I read in the music press that around this time Freddie was picked up by the cops in LA for
'walking around a wealthy area in scruffy clothes'... Plus the "No Synthesisers" tag on all their early albums did appeal.
The first of two albums this year(a good few had two releases!)
Queen had it written into their contract back then that albums be recorded at Trident... Originally it ( I think) had a black and a white side but Roy Thomas Baker changed that concept... no biggy-great album.
View attachment 220736
Queen ll.
The March Of The Black Queen.
Still my favorite Queen album. I frequent it on the spinner.

Mr Mojo Risin

Cactus Brew Drinker
Reaction score
Looks like some of my favorites in Camel, Trower, Bad Company, BOC and Queen were mentioned... so Lynyrd Skynyrd's Second Helping, David Bowie's Diamond Dogs, Bachman Turner Overdrive's Not Fragile, and Frank Zappa's Apostrophe all come to mind.

Hm... Thin Lizzy's Nightlife, Little Feat's Feats Don't Fail Me Now... I could go on and on but these all stand out at first thought.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
This tune plucks my strings (always did)as many know on here - I'm from Funfair stock and this takes me back to being taken from school every October to help out on rides etc... But in the real sense of things fate plays a hand in this song. Gwen McCRae was late to the recording session - and the engineer and song writer Harry Wayne Casey (KC) were getting itchy... So they asked George, her husband to step in.. He had abandoned any hope of stardom and was going back to studying law... KC decided to add a little sparkle after that Gretch guitar riff (the Roland TR77) worked it's magic... and a timeless hit was born.... from a tiny Florida studio.
George McCRae - Rock Your Baby.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
This in 1974 was a little too dark for me, I think the prog game was up by this time.. Fripp knew it.. Eno knew too. Record companies kinda knew the wad was shot. Music as always was shifting. I've thought about this album a lot.... it's a pre-curser, a springboard for Nirvana and Soundgarden etc... Prog metal was banging it's machine head on the door.
Red,_King_Crimson.jpg

King Crimson - Red

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Oddly enough I remember the day and store I purchased this (just been to the cobblers!) unaware of all the wranglings... this was cut at Musicland in Munich (where Ronnie would return later in the year with the Stones).... Sadly the bubble had burst, out of the ashes of The Jeff Beck Group and The Small Faces.... these were born(or launched!)... This was their last release and does harness the oncoming 'disco juggernaut '... and pub rock. Rod was on his solo journey... but this banger underpins they "Had Me A Real Good Time".
The Faces - You Can Make Me Dance................

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online