Female Fronted Metal Bands

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I saw Delain and Battle Beast supporting Sabaton last night, here in Athens Greece. I've been a fan of Delain since their debut and rate them among my favourite female fronted metal bands. It was a dream come true to see them live and they were magnificent - Charlotte is beyond stunning! Battle Beast - who I'm also a big fan of - were also excellent. Noora is a beast live (pun intended) - what a voice!

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
I sure as hell want to. I've always loved NW and Delain...and Floor (esp. with After Forever).

Depends on ticket prices & if I can get someone to go along.

Black Dahlia

A Seasoned Witch
Reaction score
I really liked We Are The Fallen, the splinter group formed from Evanescence co-founders Ben Moody (lead guitar), John LeCompt (rhythm guitar), and Rocky Gray (drums),
with the added talents of Marty O'Brien on bass, and vocalist Carly Smithson.

The criticism that they "sound just like Evanescence" is crap. Of course they sound similar; 3 out of the 5 were in E.

Anyway, I really love this genre, and the more (talented) bands the better, if you ask me!

I hope they eventually come out with something new at some point.

"Bury Me Alive" We Are The Fallen (2010)
...too consumed by your own emptiness and lies. All I did was love you.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I really liked We Are The Fallen, the splinter group formed from Evanescence co-founders Ben Moody (lead guitar), John LeCompt (rhythm guitar), and Rocky Gray (drums),
with the added talents of Marty O'Brien on bass, and vocalist Carly Smithson.

The criticism that the "sound just like Evanescence" is crap. Of course they sound similar; 3 out of the 5 were in E.

Anyway, I really love this genre, and the more (talented) bands the better, if you ask me!

I hope they eventually come out with something new at some point.

"Bury Me Alive" We Are The Fallen (2010)
...too consumed by your own emptiness and lies. All I did was love you.

I liked that album too. I actually made a thread for them at one point. I had known the lead singer before her American Idol days when she was known as Carley Hennessy. My favorite Pop songwriters (Gregg Alexander & Danielle Brisebois from The New Radicals) wrote most of it so I bought it. Anyway, even then I knew she was really talented and the fact that she could go from a Pop album to fronting a hard Rock band shows her talent. Anyway I'd but that album up against anything Evanescence did post-Fallen. It was a great mix of Hard Rock and beautiful ballads! :)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nervosa, Holy Moses are female fronted thrash bands people who enjoy thrash should check out.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
We Are The Fallen is a great band. Tear The World Down showed me that Ben Moody was the far better writer on Fallen.

If Amy could find someone with similar writing talents as Ben, Evanescence could really make a comeback.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
A couple of upcoming releases I am REALLY excited about:

Leaves' Eyes: new album "King of Kings" to be released in September!

Hafrsfjord, Norway's west-coast. A.D. 873. Did you hear what happened?

LEAVES' EYES vocalist Liv Kristine:

"Harald Hårfagre (c.850-932), remembered by medieval historians as the first king of Norway. The battle of Hafrsfjord is described in the Saga of Harald Hårfagre (Harald Fairhair) in Snorri's Heimskringla. Harald defeated several petty kings and the battle is considered decisive in the unification of Norway. The seabed in Hafrsfjord hides many secrets and many traces. Moreover, Hafrsfjord is my birthplace. With our upcoming album we would like to take you on a journey through a highly interesting chapter in Scandinavia's history.
Those of you who were present at our latest concerts surely noticed that there's one new song on our setlist, "Halvdan the Black" - one chapter of the upcoming album "King of Kings"! Halvdanr Svarte (c.810-860) was a ninth-century king of Vestfold, Norway. He belonged to the House of Yngling (son of Odin' line) and was the father of Harald Fairhair. "Halvdan the Black" is just the start of an amazing adventure!
This production is one unique soundtrack - a brilliant and impressive auditive experience. The album was recorded in Germany, Norway, England, Netherlands, Belarus and Switzerland. "King of Kings" is produced by Alexander Krull at Mastersound Studio. Outstanding musical colleagues and ensembles have contributed with their guest appearances like the London Voices Choir (Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Hobbit, Harry Potter).

The fantastic artwork is done by Stefan Heilemann (Lindemann, Nightwish, Epica, Kamelot).

Dear Fans & Friends - get ready for "King of Kings" - out September 2015!

Stay tuned for more news!

Love,

Liv / Leaves' Eyes"

leaves_eyes_king_of_kings.jpg

Swedish cinematic/gothic metal act The Murder Of My Sweet has announced the impending release of the third full length studio effort "Beth Out of Hell" on August 21, 2015 via Frontiers Music srl. An EPK clip for the album can be viewed in the player below.

The Murder of My Sweet was founded in 2007 by drummer and producer Daniel Flores (7 days/ex-Evil Masquerade). The music is inspired by movie scores, film noir storytelling and bands like QUEEN, Electric Light Orchestra and Genesis, presented with a modern twist and heavy sounding production.

After almost three years of silence, The Murder of My Sweet returns with a new album which promises to be darker and heavier than the first two and is described by Flores as "an apocalyptic love story between good and evil." The album features voice actors, a children's choir and a new bass player in Patrik Janson (Platitude). "Beth Out of Hell" offers the symphonic and cinematic elements the band is now well known for and will surely please fans of the first two albums.

The track list for the album is:

1. Hell on Earth
2. The Awakening
3. World in Ashes
4. Always the Fugitive
5. Bitter Love
6. Still
7. The Humble Servant
8. Requiem for a Ghost
9. Euthanasia
10. Tide After Tide
11. Poets by Default