Favourite tracks from "one-hit wonders"

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
I don't recall anything groundbreaking happening for them, but that's really all the mainstream heard of them in America (I don't know about other countries though, sadly). They weren't terribly popular here but I think they put out at least 3 studio albums. I could be mistaken, though.

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Well they are in the Australian music hall of fame and have a fair following here, not one hit wnoders in the true sense

I think "I Touch Myself" was the only one to make it big outside of Aus for the most part ("Pleasure and Pain" may have made a splash as well, not too sure)

The idea of a one-hit wonder would probably be different in different countries. Many Americans have Midnight Oil as one-hit wonders with "Beds Are Burning" when they had a couple of albums worth of hits out of their career in Aus :bonk:

spudnuto

Reaction score
Jaynetts - "Sally Go Round the Roses"
Count Five - "Psychotic Reaction"
Chantays - "Pipeline"
Crazy World of Arthur Brown - "Fire"

WetWilly

Whiskey Rock-A-Roller
Reaction score
1976) Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music (#1 on the charts)

Man, I used to hate that song back when it first came out, but now-a-days when I hear it (which is rare) I just gotta crank it up & sing along, & all kinds of good old memories start coming back. So I guess I did'nt hate it that much after all. :)

snowblue

Reaction score
I wouldn't call the Tremeloes one-hit-wonders. They've had eleven top 10 hits in the UK from 1963 to 1970.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online