Indigo Girls
Annie Lennox
Bjork
Dido
Garbage
Heart
Otep

just to name a few...

Very bad list. It's full of solo performers. What do you have against the Eurythmics btw?

:huh:

Last edited:

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
No good. Ann Wilson is an individual not a band.

:drums:

Siouxsie & the Banshees fit the thread requirements though:

siouxsie.jpg

:D

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
... Sheryl Crow ... [is] bad cheating. They're all solo artists - and there's already a thread for women who rock.
:nw:

Make no mistake, Foxy, that I considered the concept of Sheryl Crow as a solo artist before including her on my list. But there are solo artists, and then there are solo artists, ya dig? *tokes* You see, some solo artists are solo, and others merely maintain the illusion of autonomy. *tokes*

Regina Spektor could do her gig tonight without a sole upon the stage, save herself and her piano (which in this sentence appears to have been personified). She's even been known to play solo electric guitar at her shows (like Neil Young). That's a fruckin' solo artist. Sheryl Crow ain't a solo artist... Sheryl Crow is a band that isn't allowed to think of itself as a band.

Actually, Sheryl Crow could probably do a solo show, too. Maybe she even DOES solo shows, I don't know. But if she did, I wouldn't wanna watch her. I'm all about the band.

Cat Power and Alanis Morissette are "solo artists" too so I'm wondering if you even READ my post. :D

:io:

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
AboutAGirl said:
Cat Power and Alanis Morissette are "solo artists" too so I'm wondering if you even READ my post.

You're right. I'd only read back to Snakes&Ladder's posts so it was his selections I was criticizing!

:heheh:

Cat Power you would have admittedly snuck by me since I thought that was a band. But shame on you for Alanis Morissette, even though she does have big cans....

:D

Last edited:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Very bad list. It's full of solo performers. What do you have against the Eurythmics btw?

:huh:

There are still bands on that list as well as selected female singers. ;)

I'll also go with

Heart

and

Nightwish
Within Temptation
Leaves Eyes
Spider
Pat Benater
Go Go's
Eurythmics

and I'll toss in Tori Amos...there is a band behind her even if it is a drummer and bass player....Alanis as well...a pretty good group effort...not just her.

:cheers2

iasc

Reaction score
Pentangle
Fairport Convention
Steeleye Span
Peter, Paul & Mary
The Gits

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads