"The Feeling's Inside" - 3:51
"Freefall" - 3:21
"Stepping Stone" - 4:40
"Bring You Joy" - 4:11

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I'm really glad I can start doing more of these now! :grinthumb

I really like the whole album but the one that keeps me hooked and moving along to it is "Be Free". It actually sounds a little current and blurs the lines between eras! I think this is where Franz Ferdinand and others borrowed their retro influence! :grinthumb

Be Free

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Confession time! I only know two Argent songs ('Hold Your Head Up' and 'God Gave Rock n Roll to You' )... and neither of them are on there! Maybe they are a band whose time will come again if they ever re-form?

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Confession time! I only know two Argent songs ('Hold Your Head Up' and 'God Gave Rock n Roll to You' )... and neither of them are on there! Maybe they are a band whose time will come again if they ever re-form?

No shame TS! I didn't even know they had a song I slightly knew until my 70's thread and the first album I listened to was this which as you said had neither single. On the strength of this album alone I ordered the 5 album boxset though and every track is solid. Having listened to that though and knowing more about them know I actually still don't know what happened to them post career. They could've all died in a plane crash for all I know! :heheh:

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Sooty, I love 'Hold Your Head Up'...it has that cool organ thing going that you associated with bands like Deep Purple and ELP and Focus and Steve Winwood/Traffic back in the 70's, I think there's a longer album version than the one that was quite a big hit single.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
They reunited in 2010 to play at High Voltage Festival. :grinthumb

I need to play the debut again to remember what tracks are there. :think:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I'm with MP, "Liar" was a good song. I'll have to dig this one out to give it a listen one of these days.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Guys, I would've been cool with you guys bookmarking this and having a listening party so you guys could've giving a more accurate answer! :heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Wouldn't matter Sooty, Liar would be my pick anyway. Sometimes the hit song off an album is the best track.;)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online