Favorite Stones Album?

Truckin

Ride Captain Ride
Reaction score
I have to go way back and say my favorite Stones album was Flowers I played the heck out of that album. "Let's Spend the Night Together" and Have You Seen Your Mother (Standing in the Shadows) stick out in my head as two good songs on that album. Ruby tuesday was another good one on there. But my favorite all time Stones song is "Angie" from Goats Head Soup.

MagicRat

Reaction score
If I had to pick just 1, it would probably be "Stucky Fingers," but has any band had a run of great records to equal Beggar's Banquet/Let it Bleed/Get Yer Ya Yas Out/Sticky Fingers?Exile?

aerozep

Reaction score
let it bleed-----------------1
beggars banquet-----------2
voo doo lounge------------3
tatoo you-----------------4
a bigger bang-------------5.....I never really cared for Exile,I know everybody loves it and thinks it's the definitive stones collection,but I always thought it was ok,didn't hate it,just thought it was ok.still do.
What do I know,I like the Dirty Work collection,maybe it was because Page played on One Hit To The Body.........
PEACE :ha:

deezee

Reaction score
aftermath

i wore out 3 copies of this on vinyl when it came out.

i also love their early albums when brian jones was still leading the band and
"let it bleed" is outstanding too.

btw...has everyone see the video on youtube with the early stones doing a lip-sync version of "i got you babe"? hysterical.

magnoliasteve

Reaction score
Exile on Main Street, top to bottom, my favorite. Let It Bleed, Beggar's Banquet tied for second.

Jewel

Reaction score
One of my favorite bands ever. Lots of great albums! I'll go with Sticky Fingers, then Exile On Main Street, then Beggar's Banquet, Let It Bleed, Between The Buttons, Voodoo Lounge, and I do like The Bigger Bang a lot (although it still has to pass the test of time...)... Okay, enough for now.

P.S. They also had a few albums I don't care for.

Orion

I'm A Member
Reaction score
Big Hits (High Tide & Green Grass)

I think there are only 5 or 6 songs by the Stones that I like and they are all on this album.

I'm probably gunna take a hit from a lot of you but I always thought they sounded like (IMO) a cheesy garage band. Although I must admit I do have ~3-4 tunes on my Ipod.

Jewel

Reaction score
Orion said:
Big Hits (High Tide & Green Grass)

I think there are only 5 or 6 songs by the Stones that I like and they are all on this album.

I'm probably gunna take a hit from a lot of you but I always thought they sounded like (IMO) a cheesy garage band. Although I must admit I do have ~3-4 tunes on my Ipod.
Are you a musician?

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online