Favorite song from Neil Young's "Harvest" besides two hits?

Favorite song from Neil Young's "Harvest" besides two hits?

• Total voters

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
As with most great albums, my favourite song(s) changes from time to time, but recently I've found myself constantly hitting the repeat button after "A Man Needs a Maid", so that's my pick for today!

Reaction score
Loved the whole album with the exception of "A Man Needs A Maid". Wretched and sexist

The Needle And The Damage Done gets my vote

PAN Nexus

Waking The Dreamer
Reaction score
"A Man Needs A Maid" gets my vote. :grinthumb

Have to agree with the consensus opinion that there's not a bad track on it, but "A Man Needs A Maid" will always be my favorite. It really spoke to me when I first picked up a vinyl copy of the album in the $1 bin, my senior year in high school. It was December at the time, and really fit my mood. Definitely a wintertime song. I see the title track as being in the same vein, as well: that whole Thanksgiving-Christmas kind of vibe.

"There's A World" has some great lyrics, too, but I didn't really get into it at the time. Didn't notice it until I upgraded to CD in 2014, and then it totally blew my mind. :cool:

Jonny Come Lately

The New Kid In Town
Reaction score
I've always loved the melancholy feel of Out Of The Weekend (I love the pedal steel) so that one gets my vote, although The Needle and The Damage Done is also a superb track.

Mary Chain

Reaction score
Jonny Come Lately said, "I've always loved the melancholy feel of Out Of The Weekend (I love the pedal steel) so that one gets my vote" Seconded!

darklands

everything's broken, and my Stacys are soaking wet
Reaction score
Out on the Weekend and Harvest for me (ovo, also The Needle...)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online