Favorite Country Songs

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
You mean there is more than one? It was my understanding that country music was just one really long song by similar sounding people all singing about the same down home farm topics that never ended.

;)
"Country music" comprises many styles and subgenres and covers a myriad of topics. For example, Garth Brooks' "We Shall Be Free" is about an ordinary man who imagines a world where all human beings are free from earthly oppressions. Topics covered in this social commentary include: world hunger, freedom of speech, homelessness, homophobia, racism, and freedom of religion. He was inspired to write this after being in Los Angeles during the riots of 1992. Country music has come a long long way from down home farm topics.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You mean there is more than one? It was my understanding that country music was just one really long song by similar sounding people all singing about the same down home farm topics that never ended.

;)

If that is your understanding, Cosmic, you are missing out on a lot of great music and talented artists. Just because something is labelled "country" doesn't mean it is about the farm, or songs to make you cry in your beer glass. Alot of these country classic artists helped shape the music industry. I feel there isn't a genre in music that doesn't have something to offer, you just have to dig to find what you enjoy listening to.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Keith is too commercial for my tastes, But I do like Toby Keith.

I don't know Magic! After rewatching that live performance in my post I see a lot of passion behind his singing which doesn't feel commercial to me. Personally, I hate to admit it but Toby Keith, for me, represents what I don't like in country. :D

Truckin

Ride Captain Ride
Reaction score
Those were some good Alabama choices Eberg. I have always liked Dixieland Delight...one of those songs you can sing with the window down going down the road. I also like Tennessee River.

Re: Toby Keith... I absolutely hate his red white and blue B.S. and he can keep his political opinions to himself. And that goes for Reba too. Music and politics are like oil and water to me.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Those were some good Alabama choices Eberg. I have always liked Dixieland Delight...one of those songs you can sing with the window down going down the road. I also like Tennessee River.

Re: Toby Keith... I absolutely hate his red white and blue B.S. and he can keep his political opinions to himself. And that goes for Reba too. Music and politics are like oil and water to me.

:cheers: I have nothing against music and politics myself but I've never seen anyone as obnoxious about it as Toby Keith myself!

Reaction score
Truckin'

3:29 to 3:52, I think he hit the nail on the head

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Not a fan of country music but I love this song....

Alison Krauss & Brad Paisley - Whiskey Lullaby

I almost forgot about this song. Brad Paisley and Alison Krauss made an awesome song together.

I don't know Magic! After rewatching that live performance in my post I see a lot of passion behind his singing which doesn't feel commercial to me. Personally, I hate to admit it but Toby Keith, for me, represents what I don't like in country. :D

But Toby Keith can play an awesome guitar :) I personally dont hold his political beliefs against him, and I think "Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue" was a noble attempt to honor American Patriotism. It doesn't shove any political belief down my throat, just a reminder to honor the flag and to love our country.

Courtesy of the Red, White & Blue

I Love This Bar

I think Keith Urban gets himself in the media BS too much, he is a cutie pie though. His music is a bit sappy, and that is why I dont care for his music that much.

Tiny Tim

Reaction score
Some of My faves from Willie...

Angel Flying Too Close to the Ground

Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain

Last edited by a moderator:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member