3. Lynyrd Skynyrd - Pronounced
4. Loggins and Messina - Sittin' In
5. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Cosmo's Factory
6. Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland
7. Bob Dylan - Blood On The Tracks
8. Stephen Stills - Stills Alone
9. Buffalo Springfield - Self Titled
10. Kansas - Leftoverture

Good list although quite a few of these are actually from the 1970s - Lynyrd Skynyrd did not release their first album until 1973, for instance (awesome album though!). Something like Blood On The Tracks is slightly different as although it was released in the 1970s in that case Bob had been around since the early 1960s.

Led Zeppelin IIII (IV is the more usual numerical representation, you can also call it Zoso after Jimmy Page's symbol) was released in 1971, although for the 1960s you can have both I and II, released in 1969.

Jules

Eight Miles High
Reaction score
Really any of The Byrds Albums released in the 60's. My favorite though is The Notorious Byrd Brothers which was released on January 3, 1968.

PapaJacques

Obligatory New Guy
Reaction score
Really any of The Byrds Albums released in the 60's. My favorite though is The Notorious Byrd Brothers which was released on January 3, 1968.

I have to agree, I don't think the Byrds get enough recognition today despite their critical and commercial acclaim in the Sixties. My favourite album of theirs would probably be 'Fifth Dimension', from 1966 if I recall correctly.

Obviously I have a lot of love for all things Beatle so I'd probably cite virtually all their albums but especially those from 1965 onwards.

'S.F Sorrow' by the Pretty Things, 'Ogden's Nut Gone Flake' by the Small Faces and 'Odessey & Oracle' by the Zombies are also favourites of mine, British psychedelia with a definite Beatles feel.

I'm a big Donovan fan too, my favourite album of his would either be 'Sunshine Superman' or 'Barabajagal'. 'Winds of Change' by the Animals (more accurately 'Eric Burdon and the Animals') is pretty unique too, one of the few British Invasion acts to seamlessly evolve into psychedelia and also an influence on the 'San Francisco Sound.'

Sorry about the wall of text, this is just a subject I'm pretty fond on.

Jules

Eight Miles High
Reaction score
I have to agree, I don't think the Byrds get enough recognition today despite their critical and commercial acclaim in the Sixties. My favourite album of theirs would probably be 'Fifth Dimension', from 1966 if I recall correctly.

Obviously I have a lot of love for all things Beatle so I'd probably cite virtually all their albums but especially those from 1965 onwards.

'S.F Sorrow' by the Pretty Things, 'Ogden's Nut Gone Flake' by the Small Faces and 'Odessey & Oracle' by the Zombies are also favourites of mine, British psychedelia with a definite Beatles feel.

I'm a big Donovan fan too, my favourite album of his would either be 'Sunshine Superman' or 'Barabajagal'. 'Winds of Change' by the Animals (more accurately 'Eric Burdon and the Animals') is pretty unique too, one of the few British Invasion acts to seamlessly evolve into psychedelia and also an influence on the 'San Francisco Sound.'

Sorry about the wall of text, this is just a subject I'm pretty fond on.
5D is a great Byrds Album. Yes it was released July 18, 1966. One of my favorites on that album is the Pete Seeger Poem, "I Come And Stand At Every Door." It send chills down my spine every time I listen to it.

BobB

Reaction score
In my opinion, 'Revolver' (the full UK version that most of us are now accustomed to) by the Beatles was the greatest rock album of the '60's.

HippinHippie

Flower Power
Reaction score
Since the Beau Brummels are my favorite band of the 60's, I would say Introducing The Beau Brummels & The Beau Brummels, Volume 2 both released in 1965 are my favorite albums. Some of my favorite songs from those albums are, Laugh, Laugh, Just A Little, Still In Love With You Baby, You Tell Me Why, Sad Little Girl, and Don't Talk To Strangers.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online

No members online now.