Favorite 90's Bands

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
I see quite a few threads in this section dedicated to specific bands, but here is your chance to list all of your favorite 90's bands in one convenient thread.

If they were new in the 90's or carry-overs from the 80's, let's see 'em. :)

For me, the 90's were ushered in by the Grundge movement and, later, the 90's alternative bands. I still listened to quite a few of the 80's bands that crossed over into the 90's, but the new bands I was into were Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains, Mother Love Bone (still a sentimental favorite of mine), Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog, Mad Season, Live, Smashing Pumpkins, Stone Temple Pilots, 311, Bush, Dishwalla, Hootie :)ohyeah:), Happy Mondays, The Verve, Stone Roses, Seal, Tori Amos, Fiona Apple, White Zombie and Tool, with the occasional Creed song thrown in here and there. And the 90's was when I really began liking Metallica.

So much great music back then! :cheers:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Nice list KMET.:tup:

AIC is my favorite band from the 90's, but as you pointed out there were many talented artists that blossomed in the 90's.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
There were approximately 380 bands that formed durning the 1990's, and I only liked a handfull, and a few bands that formed in the late 1980's who didn't manage to release their first album until the 1990's. But as a whole the 90's was a pretty decent time for music.

my choice bands:

Alice in Chains
The Black Crowes
The White Stripes
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Green Day
Creed
Incubus
Stone Roses
Matchbox 20
Blues Traveler

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
A few more 90's artists that I forgot about last night were Vince Neil (after he was booted from M.C.), Lynch Mob (after George left Dokken) and The Eric Gales Band (I seem to recall the teenaged Gales being touted as the next Jimi Hendrix and SRV combined). All good stuff.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
never heard of the Eric Gales Band....you should introduce them to us!

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
"And now, ladies and gentlemen, please welcome..."

ed-sullivan-1.jpg

Good idea, Magic. I'll check around for some video content and a wiki bio I can swipe. :D

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
The 90's aren't my favourite decade, as I spent most of it as a young child with no appreciation for music. That said, some of the bands I've re-visited are: Powderfinger, Silverchair, Muse, Pearl Jam, The White Stripes, Crowded House, Daft Punk, Eels, Foo Fighters, The Living End and RHCP.

PinkFreud

Rock Junkie
Reaction score
Grunge bands like Nirvana, Alice In Chains, and Soundgarden
Alt. bands like Collective Soul, The Verve, and Stone Temple Pilots (or are they considered grunge?)
and, lastly, rap groups like NWA and The Wu-Tang Clan. Yes indeed.

iasc

Reaction score
The 90's music I'm into is really just grunge and a bit of alt rock.
Bands like: AiC, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, STP, Love Battery, Nirvana, Mother Love Bone ((not strictly a 90's band but their album came out in 1990) Andy Wood was a genius - definitely a loss to music when he died), Temple of the Dog, Mudhoney (anything with Mark Arm really), Screaming Trees, 7 Year Bitch, Blind Melon, The Gits, TAD, Dead Moon, REM, Sonic Youth, Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins.
Thats enough for now.

Stone Temple Pilots (or are they considered grunge?)
Depends how you look at it. If you look at it from a purely regional point of view they aren't considered grunge since they are from San Diego although they do have some stuff in common with a few grunge bands so it can go either way. Its a personal opinion really.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online