Favorite 80's guitarist?

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
This is so damn hard, but I'd have to say Eddie Van Halen is probably my favorite axeman of the 80's. I know he's not all that popular anymore, but in the 80's he was the man! Plus, Van Halen was THE band in the 80's. Even the first three albums with Sammy. Now I have to go wash my mouth out with soap.

VH82.jpg
VH.jpg

Reaction score
oh you'd be very surprised how many EVH fanboys there are around... I hate to admit it but I think Van Halen is one of the most overrated bands...the first album was cool, after that you can hear the ego in teh music, but, my opinion, for my favorite guitar player of the 80s I'm going to have to go with umm....
hmm.. I don't know, gimme a while to think on this one, does zappa count as 80s? I have some show from him from like 1982? maybe, does that count? if not maybe Neilson from cheap trick or something

I have no idea why you put Jimmy Page in a list of 80's guitarists when people hardly think of the 80's when they hear Led Zeppelin.

Jimi Hendrix? Favourite 80'S guitarist? You should probably do some research as to when he died.

Coverdale/Page
The firm

i think there was one other project Page was a part of in the 80s, probably more, but one other major one

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have no idea why you put Jimmy Page in a list of 80's guitarists when people hardly think of the 80's when they hear Led Zeppelin.

Jimi Hendrix? Favourite 80'S guitarist? You should probably do some research as to when he died.

And they still rule! Their music is played "BIG TIME" in the 80's, 90's, and present, too :) Page hooked up with The Firm, and did quite a bit of work in the 80's........look him up! Hendrix may have passed in 1970, but his legacy is played everyday=one of the greatest guitarists of all time!

Those are my favorites and I am sticking to my list! You can register your complaint in the :

box.png

PS..you know I love you Page :)

Last edited:

Kino

#1 Styx Fan
Reaction score
I want to update my list,

Mustaine
Slash
Richie Sambora
Phil Collen
Eddie Van Halen
Joe Perry
Warren DeMartini
Mick Jones
Neal Schon
Tommy Thayer
Brad Gillis
C.C Deville
Brian May
Dave Amato

taha

Reaction score
I loved a bunch in the 80's, but I always gravited back to DeGarmo and Ted.
But my fav 80's guitarist now is either Murray or Rhoades.
:banghead:
tough chioces

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I can't pick just one...I can't..but I'll try.

RandyRhoadsDesktop.jpg

The most talented and passionate guitarist to ever pick up the instrument. ^

Others that I'd add are Slash, Brad Gillis (of Night Ranger), hide (of X Japan), Eddie Van Halen, and a few veterans from the 70's like Brian May and Rory Gallagher.

Also Blackie Lawless gets and A for effort.

Pat Catalano

Reaction score
Its so hard to pick one, but I will have to say there are 2 that come to mind that have heavily influenced my playing and thats Warren DeMartini and George Lynch. But as I said it hard to pick there are so many.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online