Favorite 70's Band/Song

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Heard this song on the radio this morning...when I was messing around with my old Tuner.

Brownsville Station, "Smokin' in the Boy's Room".

I still have my old 45 rpm single of this one, I'll have to clean it up and see how it sounds. I know many younger fans think this is a Motley Crue tune, but I'll take the original anyday.

One of my favorite songs of the 70's and the 3rd single I bought...for about 50 cents I think.

barton

Reaction score
Probably not my favourite, but for some reason Foghat was the first thing to spring to mind was Foghat, and my favourite track of theirs isn't even all that Rock 'n' Roll; Trouble in My Way

gorgon

Reaction score
Sonic's Rendezvous Band. I often wonder what would have been had the timing been right for these guys. Here's a great article about them. http://www.i94bar.com/ints/srb1.html
"He told me that he would listen to jazz saxophone players and try to figure out their solos on the guitar. He’d sit for hours and do that, and I think that might be one of the keys to his technique…originality. Nobody really plays like that! He used to put the pauses in where guys’d take a breath" - Deniz Tek on Smith's guitar playing.
Sonic's Rendezvous - Dangerous

Last edited:

gorgon

Reaction score
Sonic's Rendezvous Band - Hearts

Sonic's Rendezvous Band - Getting There (Is Half The Fun)

lighthorse

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, also what did you think of their new album?

thanks for welcoming me ..

for me as a big Aerofan, i felt excited about it that i got my mine the day it was released, buying two copies one regular and the deluxe edition,..

ive seen many reviews, but for me i find the new album great, songs like Out Go the Lights, Street Jesus, Oh Yeah, Luv XXX all classic, real Aerosmith rockers, even the ballads ANother Last Goodbye, We All DOwn ..full of emotions ....Aerosmith does ballads very good.

it is a mix of songs for every Aero fan old and new....

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online