Favorite 70's Band/Song

rockyraccoon

Reaction score
Hello my fellow rock lovers.
Though i'm only 18, i love classic rock music. I love bands like The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Pink Floyd, The Who, The Rolling Stones, ELO, David Bowie, Jim Croce, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Johnny Cash, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Simon and Garfunkel, Lou Reed, The Beach Boys, The Police, etc. but aside from mainly the bands listed above, i only know other band's by their hit songs instead of album tracks. In an attempt to expand my musical knowledge a little, i would like you to post your favorite band from the 70's, your favorite song by that band, and why they are your favorite.
Rock on,
-KJB

Last edited:

rockyraccoon

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! I'm new here and i was just trying to get a feel for how this site is run. Queen is also my favorite band of the 70's, i own all of their albums on cd and most on vinyl (i'm missing Queen II, A Kind of Magic, The Miracle, Innuendo and Made in Heaven). I couldn't begin to think of my favorite Queen song, way too many choices.

aerozep3207

Reaction score
Welcome Rocky,
I have been a Led Zeppelin since day one,although they started in the late 60s they hit their pinnacle in the 70s.
Fav bands in the 70s
Aerosmith
Rolling Stones
Boston
Grand Funk Railroad
Deep Purple
Emerson Lake & Palmer
Alice Cooper
there are others...
As for fav song,that's a tough one - I'll have to get back to you on that one.

keep those model subway trains running - watch the closing doors :pullhair:

rockyraccoon

Reaction score
Gotta love Led Zeppelin. I only know of Aerosmith's popular singles and songs off of their first album. I love the Stones but i'm more of a Beatles fan.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
Rush-La Villa Strangiato or Xanadu or 2112 or Bytor & The Snow Dog.

rockyraccoon

Reaction score
Man, and i called myself a Rush fan, i had no clue that they had a song called Xanadu. It wouldn't happen to be a cover of the ELO and Olivia Newton John song would it?

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
I love most of the previously mentioned bands. A special mention goes to The Beach Boys because their 70s stuff is usually ignored. "Forever", "Surf's Up", This Whole World", "Sail On Sailor", "Marcella", "Add Some Music To your Day" and "Good Timin'" are just a few of their 70s classics.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online