Fairport Convention

joe

Reaction score
I have so many I can't keep count. Quirks are what makes everybody unique Sox. The world would be a rather boring place otherwise.:D

darrenj

Reaction score
I have the box set and it is well worth getting hold of. But if you can't afford it then do get hold of the Sandy Denny & The Strawbs CD - a worthy addition to the Sandy Fairport stuff

The Kid

Hey Mr. Tambourine Man
Reaction score
Probably my favorite all time Folk/Celtic/Rock band. The beautiful pipes of the Late Sandy Denny and Guitar Legend of Richard Thompson were brilliant. My favorite song by them is The Bonny Black Hare.

Philmore

Reaction score
I've always been partial to the Unhalfbricking album myself. For me it's one of those albums that I have to listen to in its entirety.

Legs

Reaction score
Liege & Lief is my favorite of the Fairport Convention Albums. There are so many awesome songs on there like Come All Ye, Reynardine, Matty Groves(My Fav.), and Farewell, Farewell.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
I thought this band ought to have a mention. They are a brilliant Folk/Rock or Electric Folk band and their album "Liege and Leaf" is concidered a milestone in folk music. They kicked off in 1967 and have had a host of great musicians pass through Ashley Hutchings, Richard Thompson and Sandy Denny being among them. Simon Nicol remains at the heart of the band and they are still very much a big part of the Folk scene.

They are a great live act the crowd have a shindig and every time I have seen them I have had a thumping cider head next morning....
great thread @Sox....:bow::grinthumb
Great band, saw an incarnation of them many years ago, got some albums, great thread.
me th @Sweaty....:bow:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online