Fairport Convention

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I thought this band ought to have a mention. They are a brilliant Folk/Rock or Electric Folk band and their album "Liege and Leaf" is concidered a milestone in folk music. They kicked off in 1967 and have had a host of great musicians pass through Ashley Hutchings, Richard Thompson and Sandy Denny being among them. Simon Nicol remains at the heart of the band and they are still very much a big part of the Folk scene.

They are a great live act the crowd have a shindig and every time I have seen them I have had a thumping cider head next morning....

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Hey I Know this band.:tup:

Cider head...lol. I remember watching a show about cider and how many pubs in England refuse to sell it, seeing it has the reputation of making people fighting mad for some reason.

Okay back to Fairport Convention, I'll see if I can locate that album you mentioned.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I'll take you word for it buddy, I only drink apple juice...:D

I'm off say hello to Lady T for me, I'll be back later.

Oblivion

Reaction score
Good band :) They are new to me... But not anymore! Time to catch up...

Thanks for the thread !

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have Liege & Leaf, and Unhalfbricking now Sox,,,haven't listened to them yet though...man the pile is getting bigger instead of smaller.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Tell me about it LG there is so much, and I can't even pronounce some of the great composers you have put me on to.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Thankfully it's a labour of love my friend...:grinthumb

Speaking of classical I have a Beethoven piano sonata I'll post tomorrow, my all time favorite, thanks for reminding me.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FernandoRu

Staff online

Members online