Exciter (Official Thread)

muzik_guy

Certified Music Geek
Reaction score
When I think of Exciter, the term "also ran" comes to mind. Their debut is pretty solid, albeit a bit crude & basic, but they seemed short on creativity more often than not. Beehler's vocal histrionics always bordered on monotonous & at times even grating. Oddly enough, I think the band peaked once Ricci was gone & McPhee stepped in. Though "Unveiling the Wicked" is considered their "jumping the shark" effort, I think it is far & away their most diverse & rifftastic release.

Once Beehler left & Ricci returned, the band just went to shit. I'll buy a beer for anyone who can stomach those dreadful 90's albums. Even the newest frontman just wrecks their sound.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
You gotta have Dan in the band.....in alot of ways he was more EXCITER than Ricci to me, though both were important to the band's success.

Cannons Ahoy

The Great Pretender
Reaction score
Somehow got linked to their debut album Heavy Metal Maniac and gotta say I find it kickass. It's interesting searching out these archaic speed metal bands ;)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
You like HMM huh?? Very cool!! I think it's the BEST album in the entire collection. It's a smooth spin and I love the muddy simplistic production to it. Nice and dark. The songs are catchy too!!!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online