Epica (Official Thread)

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
^ I think the "metal" part is absolutely necessary. Take away the symphonic elements and Epica is a very metal band. Most other groups too.

I couldn't be happier I discovered symphonic-metal. I might never have believed those two parts could fit together so well if not for Epica and a lot of others.

Also, there's got to be gothic bands that aren't particularly metal & obviously there's symphonic music (aka classical).

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
I recently bought the 2CD "The Classical Conspiracy" from a thrift store for $.25 cents. Never heard of 'em before.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ I think the "metal" part is absolutely necessary. Take away the symphonic elements and Epica is a very metal band. Most other groups too.

I couldn't be happier I discovered symphonic-metal. I might never have believed those two parts could fit together so well if not for Epica and a lot of others.

Also, there's got to be gothic bands that aren't particularly metal & obviously there's symphonic music (aka classical).

Obviously the metal part is necessary. lol

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Studio Documentary

(PART 1: THE QUANTUM ENIGMA)

(PART 2: THE QUANTUM ENIGMA)

New album to be released May 2014

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
New song. I bloody love it.

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
Would you say it sounds....epic?

This is one of 6 or 7 albums coming out in the next few months I'm waiting to buy.
I think it sounds different from most of their stuff, but yes I think it sounds epic. I love the intro, really beautiful and I noticed Simone's range here sounds higher (trying to delve soprano range it seems).

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
The new track sounds really good, the guitars sound a little more modern, the arrangements are a bit different, but not in a negative way. I hope the whole album feels as fresh as this.

Looks like a couple of good months ahead, as far as female fronted metal goes. Apart from Epica, I'm really excited about the new Delain, Savn (with Carmen Elise Espenæs from Midnattsol) and to some extent the new Lacuna Coil, although they've sort of been on a downward spiral as of late, despite their last album "Dark Adrenaline" being a major improvement over the previous one "Shallow Life" ("I Won't Tell You" was an awesome song though).

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
^ Agreed on Dark Adrenaline being a few steps back up from Shallow Life.

My list of new/coming albums to get: Delain, Diabulus In Musica, Elvenking, Epica, Lacuna Coil, Sonata Arctica, Xandria.

I like these periods when a lot of new stuff comes out, but then it's a long time for anything else.

Really, Epica's current sound started on Design Your Universe. Of course, that coincides with Ad Sluijter leaving the band after The Divine Conspiracy.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliverevans

Members online