Emili Sande

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Adele Emeli Sandé (born 10 March 1988) known by her stage name Emeli Sandé, is a soul and R&B recording artist and songwriter from the UK.

Next To Me

Heaven

Easier In Bed

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
I've heard "Next To Me" (possibly on ABC Dig Music), but there's a more substantial version of it going around isn't there? I thought that might of been what I heard on ABC Dig Music. But that Acoustic Version is great! :D

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Emile Sand

Emile Sande
emeli-sande.jpg

Wow, I actuaqlly have found a breakthrough in Soul/R&B artist. Nothing close to the pyre soul of Charles Bradley last year but this artist is promising. She's sounds like a blend of the folky soul of Corinne Bailey Rae and the vocal talents of Beyonce. Yes, I said that in a positive sense. :heheh: She has a restraint that those artist don't execute and that's one thing I love about her. There are beats in this which I'm fine with but there are more organic touches than what passes for Soul nowadays and thank Gawd there are no rap cameos. This is coming from a rap fan but I prefer my Soul to be pure Soul! Here's the album and some highlights for your listening pleasure.

Our Version Of Events

Art.gif

Next To Me, Mountains & My Kind Of Love
(The jams)

Breaking The Law, Clown & Suitcase
(sultry ballads and Acoustics)

Sunny

Reaction score
Re: Emile Sand

Love Emile's voice!!! Soots, I started a thread for her a while ago. I spelt her name Emile Sande I think. So happy to find somebody else who rates her :)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Emile Sand

Love Emile's voice!!! Soots, I started a thread for her a while ago. I spelt her name Emile Sande I think. So happy to find somebody else who rates her :)

I merged mine under yours Sunny! You had a different spelling so that's why I was unaware of it! :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Emile Sande

Emile toured with Coldplay and this straight vocal cover is a pretty cool soulful take on their track! It gets better as the song goes though I don't like the doo doo doo parts! :grinthumb

images

Every Tear Is A Waterfall

Here's a great live version of the Next to me song! :)

Next To Me (Live @ Jools Holland)

Sunny

Reaction score
Emili is also a smart cookie :grinthumb She studied Medicine at the University of Glasgow, but stopped in her fourth year. She said that education was one of the most important things to her, stating that if her music career failed, she had an education to fall back on.

She went to the same high school where her father was a teacher. She says "I hated to be ill and to miss a day because I was so hungry to learn. I was very shy, nerdy and extremely well-behaved. Inevitably, throughout high school, it was part and parcel of my identity that I was Mr Sandé’s daughter. No way could I muck about or get into trouble, because it would've got back to him within minutes. And Dad was strict, let me tell you."

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Well it shows in her music! She seems to have done her homework and studied what Soul music actually is and what made it great to begin with! :)

Sunny

Reaction score
Thought this article was interesting.

Scottish singer-songwriter Emeli Sande scored a chart record on Sunday with her debut album. Sande smashed a record held for nearly 50 years by The Beatles when her debut album, ‘Our Version of Events’, hit its 63rd week in the top 10 of the UK album charts, according to the Official Charts Company. The Beatles previously held the record for the debut album spending the most consecutive weeks in the top 10 with Please Please Me racking up 62 weeks in 1963 and 1964. "It feels quite surreal to even have your name mentioned in the same sentence as The Beatles," Sande, 26, said.

Black Dahlia

A Seasoned Witch
Reaction score
She is a true talent!

When I first heard "Next To Me" I couldn't even buy it in the iTunes US store.

Of course, now that she's a success iTunes is selling the album here in the states.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online