• Elvis Presley

• The Beatles

Results are only viewable after voting.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Honestly, I should have abstained from a vote. I respect Elvis and the Beatles, but I very seldom listen to them. In fact, I haven’t listened to Elvis in probably 10 years. I do, however, listen to a Beatles song here and there. So they get my vote.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
Growing up, my parents seemed to listen to Elvis more than The Beatles, for example. Neither of them had any Beatles albums in their tiny collections but my mother had at least three Elvis albums. She saw Elvis live once and she and I saw Paul McCartney live once.
I have loved the music of The Beatles from a very early age for some reasons and also really appreciated Elvis’ music.
As some of you know, this year began for me with a family trip to Memphis which included my mother. One night, we all watched the movie Jailhouse Rock. On another day we toured Graceland and its museums. Another night we watched the more recent Elvis movie. Last month we saw a really great Elvis impersonator at a dinner theater.
Elvis was just a fantastic entertainer and his music was great.
I have also really loved The Beatles for a very long time. What a phenomenal collection of musicians and management. The music, the movies, the mania! I pick The Beatles.

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
@BeatleMatt I do have all the Elvis movies on DVD. I really liked his acting attributes. He definitely was an entertainer. My mother had one of those velvet backed Elvis paintings that we gifted to one of her young friends after mom’s passing who is an Elvis freak.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
I could watch any of The Beatles movies anytime and often. The Monkeys practically copied the shenanigans of A Hard Day’s Night and Help! for their tv show.
I don’t own any Elvis studio albums but I do own a few compilation albums and have created a pretty complete and lengthy playlist on Spotify.

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Beatles ...of course.
Some info for those who dont know this:
"Elvis never wrote a single song although he recorded over 600. He was given co-writing credits on a lot of songs because his label demanded songwriters gave up 50% of the credit to him before he recorded it as they knew he would make it a best seller."
He was a singer/entertainer and not a true musician.

GordRocks

Reaction score
I love the music of both but have to give the edge to The Beatles. I have all of their original albums on vinyl but of course replaced them on CD because I'm too lazy to flip the albums most of the time. Occasionally I will put on one of the vinyl copies because I do believe they sound better. I am also an Elvis fan so I had to think about this one for a short while.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online

No members online now.