Elton John to be portrayed in biopic by...

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Oh lord... I forgot about that SNL skit Slip. :oyea:

I haven't seen too much of Justin's acting but from what I've seen he has the potential to be a good chameleon. The Social Network was pretty darn good too.

Sound, I think he looks pretty similar to Sir Elton in the vid in the OP. If Elton sees the potential he's worth a shot. I thought Joaquin Phoenix did a superb job in Walk the Line but he wasn't exactly a doppelganger. :)

I forgot about the Social Network. Actually the guy he played was very eccentric so that's good going into his current role of playing Elton. Vottom line is Justin is about as charismatic as it gets and the supersedes most any flaws one can have. You either have "it" or you don't! :grinthumb

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I'm not sure how I would feel about portraying any famous individual for that matter unless it was posthumous. Think of the tremendous pressure whichever actor that wins the role will be under from Elton. If Elton is piecing together the film himself he will probably have high expectations. Plus he seems to be a male diva at times and you know how they can be. :bonk:

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
At least it will be interesting. Are they going to cover one specific period in Elton's life or will they try for an overview? Will Justin mime to Elton's recordings or will he sing the songs himself. If he has to play late period Elton, will Justin do the DeNiro thing and gain a huge amount of weight for the roll? And just what will his new fiance Jessica Biel think about that? :hm:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I don't think he'd have a hard time losing that sort of weight Bob. These guys have the right trainers to shed the pounds from their method acting. Look at all of these actresses who have kids and lose the weight a month or so later.

I'm pumped for the possibility of seeing him in the role, as well as whatever happens with Sacha Baron Cohen portraying Freddie Mercury. We haven't had a good biopic in a good while and both stories could have award winning material. :cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online