Elton John to be portrayed in biopic by...

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
According to many upon many sources, Elton John is busy working on a biopic of his life, and who is tops on his list of actors to portray him on the big screen?

None other than former NSYNC frontman-turned-solo-superstar Justin Timberlake!

Elton John wants Timberlake to play him in biopic* - New York Daily News

Sir Elton's top pick was inspired by Timberlake's portrayal of a Rocket Man era Elton in "This Train Don't Stop There Anymore". Here's the video:

Apparently Timberlake is "seriously considering" the role!

What do you guys think? :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Surprisingly, I've never seen Justin in a movie where I didn't like him. And for dramatic roles I think he more than held his own in Black Snake Moan. Now can he play an eccentric, flamboyant, bald guy with big glasses who just happens to be one of the best pop artist ever. We'll see! :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I actually don't mind Timberlake as an actor, he's been good in the films I have seen. As far as his music goes...not a fan.

If Elton wants him to do it, and they can work out the details then it might be a worthwhile project.

I'll wait for it on my cable channels of course.:heheh:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Like everybody has stated Justin isn't bad in any role he's been playing so I think it is a good fit for him to play Elton. This has nothing to do with this thread but this is where Justin got his stage props..

1-WMfEGX24z-4Z6AqlBNLQGAKzVJHLiUqnEozNCtHSJKLelXPw.png

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Unless Justin is going to spend the next 6 months on a soda and doughnuts diet, that's going to present a serious challenge to the make up department, the two guys could hardly be less similar physically. I like Timberlake, he's a talented guy and a good all-rounder, actor, singer, dancer, pretty good golfer too apparently, only issue I have with him LG is that he's a Manchester United fan!! :)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Oh lord... I forgot about that SNL skit Slip. :oyea:

I haven't seen too much of Justin's acting but from what I've seen he has the potential to be a good chameleon. The Social Network was pretty darn good too.

Sound, I think he looks pretty similar to Sir Elton in the vid in the OP. If Elton sees the potential he's worth a shot. I thought Joaquin Phoenix did a superb job in Walk the Line but he wasn't exactly a doppelganger. :)

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
According to many upon many sources, Elton John is busy working on a biopic of his life, and who is tops on his list of actors to portray him on the big screen?

None other than former NSYNC frontman-turned-solo-superstar Justin Timberlake!

Apparently Timberlake is "seriously considering" the role!

What do you guys think? :grinthumb

I think I'm going to puke.

Death on Credit

Reaction score
Timberlake is a surprisingly talented actor. I think he would work very well in the role. :grinthumb

Elton's not the first rock star I would peg for a biopic, but it could be interesting.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Timberlake is a surprisingly talented actor. I think he would work very well in the role. :grinthumb

Elton's not the first rock star I would peg for a biopic, but it could be interesting.

I'd agree, I feel he's had quite an interesting life, though for me he hasn't made a truly great album - on a par with his earliest stuff, which was superb - since 'Blue Moves' which was around 1976. But all the flamboyance and the money and the spending, and the drugs/alcohol issues and eating disorders, and the fact he's a gay man who married a woman, and then he married a man, and the work he does for AIDS charities, there's plenty there for a 2 hour bio-pic.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^It would also be fitting if they put his Accountant in the mix somewhere as a regular character.

Elton is notorious for his lack of money management, he spends it like a drunken sailor on shore leave...and only when he gets the phone call the "ready is running low" does he dash about organizing a tour.:heheh:

Like you said TS plenty of material to sustain a movie.;)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online