Elton John’s Husband Disses Madonna After Her Golden Globes Win

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
I don't watch award shows either. The People's Choice Awards to me is irrelevant as well. That's just a popularity contest to me and a bit low budget. I only posted this because of the ridiculous drama between the two divas. :heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
People's Choice are more an honest gauge of things generally speaking that's all I meant, these others are all political and how much muscle is behind the artist usually.

These dust-ups don't faze me either, as someone said it could be clever manipulation just for the purpose of creating a "buzz". Makes no difference to me I like Old Elton John from the 70's to mid 80's after that I stopped following him.;)

Tempest in a teacup same as the Faith Hill incident at an awards show a while back she was in full damage control for a few weeks to get over that lapse.:grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Elton John = Rock Legend up to the early 80's, Pop legend from then till now.

Madonna = An artist who's influence goes far beyond just music, for good or bad there is no denying her impact on women especially. Even though I personally don't like her or her music very much, I do respect her accomplishments.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I'm a much bigger fan of Elton, but have to admit it's funny watchin' him get all pissy. :heheh:

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Madonna is amazingly talented, she's like 50 with the body of an 16 years old, go watch her Sticky and Sweet tour DVD, maybe the most polished, theatrical and mind blowing live show that ever toured. Elton is 65 with the body of an elephant seal, and is a has-been who hasn't had a hit record (at least in the US) in about 15 years, and let's be honest his man lover 'husband' is known for nothing on earth except for the fact that he sleeps with Elton John, and that's it, so I'm sure his opinion of Madonna really stands for a lot.

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Already said how I feel about all this.

But it's amusing to me that Madge is getting such a reaction...it's Elton and Furnish that are the villains in this little drama, all Madonna did was win an award.

If you weight this as something of importance then I suppose it makes some sense to get lathered about it, me makes no difference who wins these awards. I would say that even if Axl Rose won for best song of 2011...:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SusanStone

Members online