ELP : Emerson, Lake, & Palmer (Official Thread)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I'm sure Tray appreciates you waiting till she's 20 km's away before breaking out the DVD.:gig

:heheh: At least 20km LG. I'll have to bow to your superior classical knowledge but for a young novice like me ELP's version of Pictures really hits the spot. I think parts of it would be good to get a footy team revved up before a game.

The Great Gates Of Kiev

Thanks Black Dahlia :grinthumb I think they really were exceptional about that time. :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Honestly I can't remember the last time I played ELP's Pictures album.:think:

I used to own the MFSL vinyl edition in the early 80's but I was kind of disappointed with it, the sound quality wasn't a big improvement over the regular pressing.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I give it a play every so often on CD, goes well with a beer.:grinthumb

I'd like to get hold of a good vinyl copy again, can you believe at the back end of the 70's early 80's I used to share a vinyl copy with a mate of mine ... kind of swapping albums around cos we couldn't afford all that much.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^We used to do the same, then when cassettes came out we taped the odd album. Although the quality wasn't that good at the start, the tape itself wasn't consistent but within 5 years they made a huge jump forward.

I'm sure you'll find it in your vinyl shops, ELP is easy to get over here as well except BSS which I have only seen once.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I have my eye on a second hand copy of Tarkus in our little shop but I can't recall coming across Pictures in ages over here. I think the last time I played tapes was just before I got a cd player put in the van. I had pictures on cassette come to think of it.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Tarkus is available new on 180 gram vinyl Sox, I bought a copy on sight a few months back. It sounds great.:tup: It should be in your shops somewhere, and it's not that expensive.

I just took my cassette player out of the box a few days ago, getting ready to start experimenting with it again this time using Hi-Res vinyl rips...I found laying about online.:peek

:pirate:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I recently saw The Carl Palmer ELP Legacy show and it was brilliant, he had a great guitarist who reminded me of Richie Blackmore and bass player. The show was a great success. A couple of friends of mine know Carl and they say that an ELP reunion will not happen, glad I saw them last time. The latest tour will be excellent if the recent show was anything to go by.

I will be seeing them at Cambridge rock this year.

Carl Palmer's ELP Legacy - Karn Evil 9 First Impression Part 2 "Twist of the wrist 2013 tour"

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Any reason in particular they won't reunite? I am surprised Carl is still touring, but good on 'im.:)

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
^ Carl Palmer has said that if High Voltage had been a success, they would have continued. The problem is, they did not rehearse enough and did not give the reunion time to develop. Presumably, there was a deeper reason, like a continued clash between Emerson and Lake. A strong manager or producer may have been able to pull them together, but you cannot teach old dogs new tricks. Argent also reformed for High Voltage and did not continue, but they did not fall out to my knowledge. A continuation of Argent would've been good too.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online