Dr. Hook & the Medicine Show (Official Thread)

ANTHEM

Reaction score
I like this site because a person can discuss and listen to a wider range of rock and music period. Those old metal sites I used to be on a long time ago got boring because it was limited and there was always people arguing about who is metal or not and who is more metal than whom and just the typical swaggering juvenile attitudes.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Well, after all these years I will finally see Dr Hook tonight, how times have changed, you can't buy a t shirt but you can buy a gym towel or an apron. I am sure I will be entertained for the evening, cannot wait.

half time and no support, very good, he says they will be playing for some time so better get comfortable.

Good show, over 2 hrs, good band, really tight and the sound as always was excellent in Sheffield city hall.

E-Z

Reaction score
I recently got into Dr. Hook & The Medicine Show although I knew of them since there BIG HIT single Sylvia's Mother back in 1972 and there late 1970s hit single When Your In Love With A Beautiful Woman but I never bothered checking them out until after hearing of the death of Ray Sawyer (him with the cowboy hat and eye patch) at the very end of 2018 was announced in the media. I am more interested in the earlier incarnation of the band when they called themselves Dr. Hook & The Medicine Show during the first half of the 1970s rather than just calling themselves Dr. Hook which they did from 1975 onwards but after checking out a lot of there back catalogue via 'best of' cds I must admit I like all there recordings and fast am becoming a Dr.Hook & The Medicine Show fan.

http://www.fredsullivan.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/dr_hook_1377548489896.jpg

Last edited:

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Nice one E-Z , i checked them out a few years back after being handed some albums. Very good musicians and the band looked like they were having a riot constantly.
Dr.Hook - Millionaire.

Reactions: E-Z

E-Z

Reaction score
The only minor criticism of the band of the material that I have heard so far is for a large 7 piece rock band with 3 electric guitars and a bass guitar there isn't hardly any guitars on any of there studio recordings(?) or any guitar riff based songs but for the lack of guitars the quality of the songs and the recordings make up for it.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online