Doors (Official Thread)

Southern Comfort

Long Hair Tribe
Reaction score
The-Doors_Wallpaper14.jpg
D1uQY4JTPxS._SL1000_.jpg

Well the only Doors search I could come up with was in the strip threads so I started one for the band.
I'm not a expert, but a follower of their music since I was really young and getting into "darker" music..
So add what you want and discuss one of the most abstract and mis-understood bands that clearly was ahead of their time..

My first exposure to the band was in my friends big brother room with all the candles and hippy stuff going on.
He put on the album.. The Soft Parade.. The first song was Wild Child.. As soon as Jim said HI.. I thought we were busted by his older brother coming in his room.. But turns out it was just stereo speakers playing and I wasn't familiar with the whole voices coming out of one speaker.
I've heard flak about the Soft Parade album being one of their worst, but it has always been one of my favorites..
So I found this rare video of when they did "Wild Child" in the studio.. Looks to me that all that smack talk about Jim being too wasted to record the song was bogus..
Anyway's .. Here's to the start of the Doors thread..

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Merged with the Doors official thread.

Agamemnon86

Reaction score
I've just seen the Doors live at the Isle of Wight and it just left me... without words. Went from a passive "yeah sure, doors' all right" to a very interested and curious listener. Something changed man, what an experience that was...

E-Z

Reaction score
The Doors live at the Isle of Wight festival in 1970. Yeah I've watched it a couple of times on dvd over the last year and it's a interesting piece of film to watch of the band who appear to be in a subdued mood with minimal stage lighting (the stage is almost in darkness) although it's a strong performance all the same from all the guys.

I have a lot of Doors stuff on cds and several dvds as well and enjoy all there stuff although I wouldn't call myself a diehard fan but I like all there recorded material on cds though.

Dan Dorotik

Reaction score
I will always be partial to The Doors. "Door" is in the name of the company that I founded based on my last name and in honor of The Doors (I was driving in Houston during one of our many rainstorms and "Riders on the Storm" came on the radio- that gave me the idea to use Door in the name of my firm). On my Twitter feed, I post a video once a week of a Doors song. Greatest American band, in my very humble opinion.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online