Doors (Official Thread)

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
I've often heard that "Parade" was the band's worst album,but of course,"In Through the OUt Door" was Led Zep's worst and still pretty worthwhile.I haven't heard "Parade" yet.Is it perhaps a bit underrated due to the fact that many insist on holdiong it up to the merits of superior works such as "LA Woman" and "Strange Days"?I find it hard to believe Mr. Morrison and Co. delivered a truly mediocre product.The Lizard King's brand of surrealist poetry alone should well endow the listener's imagination with many avenues of glorious interpretation.................

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
I've often heard that "Parade" was the band's worst album,but of course,"In Through the OUt Door" was Led Zep's worst and still pretty worthwhile.I haven't heard "Parade" yet.Is it perhaps a bit underrated due to the fact that many insist on holdiong it up to the merits of superior works such as "LA Woman" and "Strange Days"?I find it hard to believe Mr. Morrison and Co. delivered a truly mediocre product.The Lizard King's brand of surrealist poetry alone should well endow the listener's imagination with many avenues of glorious interpretation.................

:bow::bow: its a very underrated album its a awesome album imho...

BikerDude

Dude
Reaction score
That was the album that made me a Doors fan.
Mid/Late seventies. And I remember a friend had a "boombox".
They were actually kind of a new thing.
A bunch of us cut school and hung out at the "party spot" out back in the woods and listened to tunes all day while getting baked.
Strange Days made me stop and go "Holy shit! The Doors are ******* great man!"
Perfect soundtrack for a bunch of stoned teenagers cutting school.
We were strange. And proud.

BikerDude

Dude
Reaction score
I used to sit listening to the Doors with a close mate, sadly now no longer with us. We would drink Home Brew Ale, talk about Tolkien and Arthur C Clarke and get the Doors on (Yeah sad I know). Anyway we once watched two guys, one on a Bass the other on a fancy Keyboard set up in a tiny country pub absolutely nail "Riders On The Storm". Thing is I believe the track is a real magic, epic piece of music but it can be kind captured with minimal equipment, the mood is the key maybe ?

Yeah big time.
Even as a little kid I loved the atmospheric keyboards and Jim vocals.
Nothing else like it.
As a guitar player I recently came across a keyboard emulator. In this vid the guy does an amazing bit of Rider on the guitar.
It's really very close.
At around 3:50 in the video. I heard it and said "Damn I gotta get me one of those".

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Members online

No members online now.