Doors (Official Thread)

TB_

Reaction score
Im either crazy, or maybe its my ears being younger. There are many sounds adults cant hear

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Huh???

No...really..I'm sure there's no screams there unless you got the time wrong. Well to be sure do we have any other younger Doors fans under 29 that can hear this??

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Can anyone else hear screams in light my fire at 2 minutes and 4 seconds?
While I have my headphones on, it sounds like my parents trying to say something to me from upstairs. So I always remove my headphones 3-4 times while listening to that song in case they are saying my name.

Also, sleeping and listening to it is sort of creepy. I tried to show my dad, but he couldn't hear anything. o.o

Are you listening to the cut down Single Version or the Extended Album Version? I'll assume you mean the Album Version?

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
There was a documentary about this album on TV last night . It was very interesting, if not too sympathetic to the protagonists in Morrison's hasty cremation. Ray Manzarek is very articulate and lucid, while a lot of credit was given to Robby Krieger for the strength of the songs.

8301e54afe0b4044f911241ebd250d1c.jpg

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
yeah, the 7 minute album version :p

I listen to a long version on YouTube & then I listened to I played it from my Doors album, though in both cases I couldn't hear the scream. I'm not sure though cause at one time I though I heard an "owwww" somewhere during the intermission in the song. :D I guess it's possible the song was cut and some production crew made it onto the track and then it was cut out? Though the Cut I have from the Doors album is on Cassette. :D

TB_

Reaction score
I guess it's possible the song was cut and some production crew made it onto the track and then it was cut out? Though the Cut I have from the Doors album is on Cassette. :D

Yeah that's very likely. I downloaded a 24 track mixtape of bohemian rhapsody, so I could separate each file. And I could often hear people in the background, which you can't hear on the full version because of all the instruments.

I'll give you a pm if you're interested in the mixtapes btw, it goes against the rules to post it here.

But it's really weird how well I can hear it. I mean, even though I know the shouting is on the song, I can't help but remove my headphones just to be sure that nobody is shouting at me, because I hear it so well.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Won't worry about the mixtapes. The bit I'm thinking where I heard a screeching sound is actually at the Beginning of the Extended version which comes in at 1:14 and the sound I'm picking up is at 1:21. That was listening to this version and I could just pick it up, though I've always noticed it. When I listen to it through this though it sounds like a mechanical anomaly. :D

SloopJohnB

Reaction score
My all-time favorite group thanks to my older brother and his lunatic friends back in the day. I was 13 when Morrison died. My parents hated him, of course :)

First, classic Doors with Jim...

And a rare B side song after Morrison's death from the Full Circle sessions...

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online