Doors (Official Thread)

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
I have completely changed my tune on the Doors. I used to think they were the most overrated and overplayed band in rock history. I grew up hearing them everywhere I went. I always thought Jim Morrison was just plain weird.

Well, I have been on a 60's kick lately and I came across a few Doors vinyl LP's and bought 'em real cheap. Now, I can't get enough of them. It sure sounds different hearing them on my home stereo (which kicks ass) than hearing them on every radio station availiable with lame sound quality. I still think Jim Morrison is weird but those 3 guys in the band are phenominal musicians and very underrated. They do 60's music they way it should be. I love The Doors. what was I thinking?

oh BTW, that Jimmy Fallon video is awesome!

aerozep3207

Reaction score
I saw the Jimmy Fallon impersonation when it aired and was blown away. I actually saw the Doors live at Madison Square Garden in 1969,I had just turned 16 years old. The first thing I heard after the announcer introduced the Doors just before the group started playing was Morrison saying "My Balls Hurt" LOL
That's my biggest memory from that night.
There is a cd of Door's songs covered by other artist called "Stoned Immaculate"
It is def worth picking up,beats any other covers that I have heard.
I did see the Doors a few years ago (I forget the year)they called the tour the Doors 21st Century with Ian Ashbury from the Cult singing. He did an awesome job and the show was over 2 hours long. It was great. They did almost the entire L.A.Woman collection. Ray said because they had never got a chance to perform it back in the day.
I always liked the album "Other Voices" and somewhere it got lost so I need to replace it.

keep those model subway trains running - watch the closing doors :bonk:

TexasBeat

Reaction score

''Well, I'm an old blues man and I think that you understand
I've been singing the blues ever since the world began''

that's some serious groove and I am not really sure what to think, I'm blown in mind.

TB_

Reaction score
People are strange is so good. Has to be my favorite the doors song.
Sets me in a really nice mood! :)

TB_

Reaction score
Can anyone else hear screams in light my fire at 2 minutes and 4 seconds?
While I have my headphones on, it sounds like my parents trying to say something to me from upstairs. So I always remove my headphones 3-4 times while listening to that song in case they are saying my name.

Also, sleeping and listening to it is sort of creepy. I tried to show my dad, but he couldn't hear anything. o.o

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I barely heard like a little blip or beep...I think it's just verb from the snare drum or a keyboard glitch. I didn't pick up on any "scream"

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.