Doors (Official Thread)

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I don't think Full Circle was bad, really... nowhere near as good as American Prayer though IMHO. I think it's strange people act like what The Doors tried to do recently by reforming is some shocking travesty when they already did exactly the same thing like a month after Jim passed, WITH Densmore who later considered it wrong to reform The Doors (of course, to his credit, he's kept The Doors out of some really shitty commercials and he deserve mad props for that).

I also find it funny that Ray has called the Skrillex song "the first new Doors song of the 21st Century" when him and The Doors of the 21st Century were playing their new song Cops Talk on the first tour. I'm impressed the Skrillex collaboration includes Densmore but it really doesn't sound like anything more than a sample is involved, doesn't sound like The Doors really had input. I mean it's a great Skrillex song but it's not a very good Doors song.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
It seems that the band could never get on without Jim Morrison. After The Doors, they formed The Butts Band, that was really The Doors with Jess Roden. In the seventies, I did not really like Jess Roden or The Butts Band, but I might feel differently if I heard them now.

aerozep3207

Reaction score
my favs......

Shaman's Blues
Spanish Caravan
Love Street
Not To Touch The Earth
Love Me Two Times

and yes - the soft parade collection is underated...

keep those model subway trains running - watch the closing doors

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
Doors albums by order of personal preference:

1. Strange Days
2. The Doors
3. Waiting For the Sun
4. L.A. Woman
5. Morrison Hotel
6. The Soft Parade

The last two could probably toggle around a bit. But yeah, I mean I love every Doors album, not gonna lie.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
This was a really good doc! Even though I knew all the info for the most part it was put together well and dug up some great footage! :grinthumb
When_You're_Strange.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
^^^ That seems like it would be pretty interesting Soots. Did you find it on NetFlix or something? I've actually been wanting to check out the book Break On Through: The Life and Death of Jim Morrison. He seems like a fascinating fellow who dealt with a lot of inner demons but brought that out beautifully in his music and poetry!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
^^^ That seems like it would be pretty interesting Soots. Did you find it on NetFlix or something? I've actually been wanting to check out the book Break On Through: The Life and Death of Jim Morrison. He seems like a fascinating fellow who dealt with a lot of inner demons but brought that out beautifully in his music and poetry!

It's on their streaming service now! :grinthumb

Beautiful Loser

Pig On The Wing
Reaction score
I thought "When You're Strange" was really good also but if you like that you should totally watch "Classic Albums: The Doors". Its mostly about the first album but i liked it much more than "When You're Strange" because i has outstanding interview footage with Manzarek, Krieger and Densmore.

Elvis

Tangled Up In Blue
Reaction score
I thought "When You're Strange" was really good also but if you like that you should totally watch "Classic Albums: The Doors". Its mostly about the first album but i liked it much more than "When You're Strange" because i has outstanding interview footage with Manzarek, Krieger and Densmore.
Funny, I actually prefer the Echo and the Bunnymen version of that song.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online