Don Kirshner's Rock Concert

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Post your favorite videos or talk about your favorite moments from this fine, "ROCKIN'" piece of television history!!

16555.jpg

donkirshner-logo.jpg

rtbuck

Reaction score
The song & performance that turned me into a Kiss Freak!!!!!!!
I'll never forget how this blew me away!

I want more than anything an episode which Alice Cooper was on. The footage was from 1972 & they did School's Out,a Hanging scene,& part of Is it my Body. I've seen tons of footage of Coop out there but not that whole scene which I remember it being on twice. People have told me that the clip may have been from ABC's In Concert because Kirshner had something to do w/ that show

Anyway, I remember seeing these 2 videos of Coop on Don Kirshner

Reaction score
is there a reason there is not a show like this on TV anymore?

I liked that sabbath footage though, I'm not that much of a fan, but that was great

rtbuck

Reaction score

I liked that sabbath footage though, I'm not that much of a fan, but that was great

Eberg,the show was great it would be on at 1 in themorning every Saturday Night(Right after SNL) & Friday Nights at 1 am was the Midnight Special which was similar. I guess MTV Kind of killed those shows off

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

MTV and VH1 would be the biggest reasons. When videos became the main way to get media attention for your music, the programs like Kirshner's became obsolete. I have some great memories of Midnight Special, I'll post some later.

Reaction score
Eberg,the show was great it would be on at 1 in themorning every Saturday Night(Right after SNL) & Friday Nights at 1 am was the Midnight Special which was similar. I guess MTV Kind of killed those shows off

MTV and VH1 would be the biggest reasons. When videos became the main way to get media attention for your music, the programs like Kirshner's became obsolete. I have some great memories of Midnight Special, I'll post some later.

I see it killing them off, but I have 300 some channels, not one thing to watch, someone could put those back on tv, even just the re runs:heheh: I want music NOW!!!!!
I know there are some episodes of The Midnight Special floating around VH1 classic on BBC Crown Jewels, but they really should put the reruns back on

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Eberg, if you search you can find all 7 season's of Don Kirshner's rock concert on DVD :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online