1985 What a Life
The-Divinyls-What-A-Life--Pres-486342-991.jpg

1988 Temperamental
The-Divinyls-Temperamental-47792-991.jpg

1991 Divinyls
2472753217_0d0fef951f_o.jpg

1996 Underworld
Divinyls_-_Underworld.jpg

Another one of those underated Aussie rock n roll bands.
Chrissy Amphlett a rock goddess in my opinion lol.
Some of their best work.

I wish more had been able to come of this band after Underworld but I guess financially they struggled. And I was saddened to find out ages ago that Chrissy Amphlett has MS.

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
Re: Divinyls

Awww fab!
I've been trying to get a hold of some of their work on vinyl (as that's the only format I collect in), but no such luck in the states. I even had "I Touch Myself" as a ringtone for the longest time (just because of the stupid reactions I'd get in public). Love this duo.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

So many Aussie bands like this that never made it big worldwise, only in Australia.
Its a shame, so many potential fans missing out on this music.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Nice to see a one hit wonder get their due! Some of my top twenty bands of all time have this status if even that and they put out GREAT albums. They just get overshadowed by the one song especially if the hit was quirky like "I Touch Myself" and the band doesn't get taken seriously. The songs you posted aren't too bad! :D

KGabri

Reaction score

Such a good band, Chrissy Amphlett has a ridiculous energy, off stage though shes incredibly quiet. Still looks as good as she does in the Boys in Town video.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Nice to see a one hit wonder get their due! Some of my top twenty bands of all time have this status if even that and they put out GREAT albums. They just get overshadowed by the one song especially if the hit was quirky like "I Touch Myself" and the band doesn't get taken seriously. The songs you posted aren't too bad! :D
Divinyls for a band that was fairly strapped financially did a pretty decent group of albums, lot of songs go under the radar given they didnt make it big worldwise, shame, they couldve been huge.
Such a good band, Chrissy Amphlett has a ridiculous energy, off stage though shes incredibly quiet. Still looks as good as she does in the Boys in Town video.
Agreed, pity nowdays she has breast cancer and MS :(

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Awww fab!
I've been trying to get a hold of some of their work on vinyl (as that's the only format I collect in), but no such luck in the states. I even had "I Touch Myself" as a ringtone for the longest time (just because of the stupid reactions I'd get in public). Love this duo.
Yeah the fact the song I Touch Myself at one point was even banned from tv over here and radio was ludicrous. That pissed me off.

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score

One-hit wonder in the States maybe ;)

I know "Pleasure and Pain" gets good rotation on radio stations out this way, as well as a few others :)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Couple of really rare songs :)

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

The first time I saw the band, which was on ABC's "In Concert", and heard that song, I thought my head was going to explode.

What can I say? At the time, I was an adolescent who didn't need that sort of shock to the system.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online