Different Instruments used in songs..

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Annie said:
...Electric Light Orchestra, a symphonic rock group ... was the first and one of the most successful bands to employ classical instruments as a regular feature on stage. Roy Wood's original idea was to use cellos, violins, horns and woodwinds to give their music a classical sound. The initial version of the band formed in 1971 had a horn player, a violinist, and two cellists. When Roy left the band, he took the horn player with him. After that Electric Light Orchestra carried on with two cellos and a violin. ...the "English guys with the big fiddles".

Ewwwwww!!!

:yuk:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
:eek:...not that video again!!...:heheh:

Here's one I absolutely love, one of my favorite country rock bands, and the instrument it showcases is the "Jew's Harp".

Chicken Train...:D

Reaction score
I think Ozark Mountain Daredevils give Talking Heads a run for their money in weirdest band awards....Those guys are all so weird too:heheh: so, so weird, I watched some biography and it had a section about them and they are a bunch of crazy, psycho, weirdo hillbillies lol

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
They were definitely eccentric EB, but the album that song is from is Excellent, even now it is one of the finest collections of songs of country rock, and the production values are fabulous.

Reaction score
They were definitely eccentric EB, but the album that song is from is Excellent, even now it is one of the finest collections of songs of country rock, and the production values are fabulous.

I have The Car Over The Lake on vinyl:grinthumb
I've never noticed anything about their production, good or bad, so its good enough I guess

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
If you play the self titled album on a good stereo/surround and realize how long ago it was recorded you will be in for a surprise, it is excellent. Better engineered than any Eagles record from a technical point of view. It has to be one of the best produced records from the 70's period.

Reaction score
If you play the self titled album on a good stereo/surround and realize how long ago it was recorded you will be in for a surprise, it is excellent. Better engineered than any Eagles record from a technical point of view. It has to be one of the best produced records from the 70's period.

I'll give it a try sometime, that album won't be on my next list for the store, I know Eagles have good enough production, but not insanely good, I like the music better though, Eagles are sort of hit and miss with production too....I really like the sound on The Long Run and OnThe Border, but I don't like it on their debut or One Of These Nights, so I don't know... I'll give Ozarks' debut a try some time, eventually, don't know when, but I'll get to it:heheh:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
:eek:...not that video again!!...:heheh:

Here's one I absolutely love, one of my favorite country rock bands, and the instrument it showcases is the "Jew's Harp".

Chicken Train...:D

I used to know how to play a **** harp when I was in a garage band. It's not that hard but you do have to watch hitting your front teeth all the time.. OUCH!!:D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online