Devin Townsend Project - Deconstruction (2011)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I got a request to review this album, and it came to a surprise that I hadn't given this a review yet. So here we go. A review of Deconstruction to the best of my ability.

Devin Townsend Project - Deconstruction

a1keq8.jpg

To start off, this is definitely another album that you would expect to be amazing, and it blows every other artist out of the water. It starts off with Praise The Lowered, which has got a bit of his influence from "Ki". That sort of slow, mellow feel to it. Which is a pretty refreshing start to an album, especially if you've given Synchestra and his work with Strapping Young Lad a listen quite regularly. It's a very good way to draw the listener into the album without it being too overwhelming:

One that song ends, it starts to really get into it, especially with Stand and Juular. Stand is still a bit slow at the start, not slow in a bad way, but slow in the form that I mentioned above. But it gradually gets heavier and heavier, as you would expect from Townsend. Afterwards it gets into Juular and Planet of the Apes, which are two of my favorite songs off the album easily. Both full of so much power and metal that it's almost impossible to not rock out to it.

The rest of the album is just as great as the songs I mentioned if not better. If I were to choose one song I enjoyed/enjoy most though, it'd have to be Planet of the Apes. It starts out great, it gradually gets better, Townsend sounds phenomenal, and it ends incredibly.

Especially with the last track, Poltergeist. He even gets you ready, by stating "Let's finish this!"

All around, I give this album two thumbs up.

2j0ktva.jpg2j0ktva.jpg2j0ktva.jpg2j0ktva.jpg2j0ktva.jpg

joe

Reaction score
Re: Devin Townsend Project - Deconstruction

628134@N25.jpg Great review. One of the best metal releases so far this year.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Thanks Joe :D And I agree. Any big townsend fan will be impressed with this album in my opinion. He continues to blow my mind with his exceptional talent in music.

joe

Reaction score

Prime, have you heard Ghost? I haven't listened to it yet.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

I've listened to it a few times. It's not bad. I'd recommend listening to it if you're not into a "heavy devin townsend" mood, and in more of a "mellow townsend" mood. It's got a good feel to it. I'll do a review on that one in a few days.

joe

Reaction score

Look forward to it. Still, Terria and Ocean Machine-Biomech are my favs.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Ocean Machine-Biomech has become a regular listen for me now as well specifically for The Death of Music and Regulator, Terria is still growing on me.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I had listened to Ghost before this one when I bought both, this one is brilliant when I am in that mood for the heavy music, Ghost is good relaxation type mellow music. Good review Prime :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online