Dennis DeYoung wants a Styx reunion

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
^^I've always liked Dennis's voice, all of their best albums have him front and center.

But from the sounds of things, his gesture will come to nothing, not if Shaw and JY don't want him back, even for a one of. I think they are also happy with Gowan, and to have this kind of talk going on would affect how he feels. He's earned some consideration for stepping into DeYoung's shoes years ago.

Perry back with Journey...? I rather like the replacement vocalist and although Magic would smack me for saying this, a Little Steve Perry goes a long way with me.:peek

No, no, no! Journey isn't really Journey without Steve Perry there.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^The female fans Always rally to Steve Perry's defense...I meant no offense but his high pitched voice wears on me rather quickly.

I don't think he will get back with Neal anytime soon, I seem to remember Neal and Steve had an actual fight and Neal kicked his ass. If anyone remembers it differently they can correct my old failing memory.;)

Mr. T

Reaction score
I hate to derail this thread with talk of Journey but since it has already come up... I have to say I like the current Styx line-up and the old. I can say the same about Journey. If anyone has seen Journey with Arnel you would understand the presence and energy he has infused into the band that a now 60 year old Steve Perry could never pull off again.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
^^The female fans Always rally to Steve Perry's defense...I meant no offense but his high pitched voice wears on me rather quickly.

I don't think he will get back with Neal anytime soon, I seem to remember Neal and Steve had an actual fight and Neal kicked his ass. If anyone remembers it differently they can correct my old failing memory.;)

I don't really remember either, but didn't Steve Perry have stage fright or something?

Also, I LOVE Neal Schon too.:flirt

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I seem to remember Neal and Steve had an actual fight and Neal kicked his ass. If anyone remembers it differently they can correct my old failing memory.;)
I don't remember anything about that, but I have to say the mental image of those two getting into a slapfest makes me giggle

sissyfight.gif

I don't think that Steve Perry is more than about 5'7" and weighs maybe about 150 lbs (if that). Neal is at least a couple inches shorter than him. But I gotta believe that a girl scout could beat up Steve. If that did happen, I hope Neal didn't brag about it too loudly

Me: Wussup Neal?
Neal: You know, I once kicked Steve Perry's ass.
Me: whatchu want? A cookie?

Off in the distance we hear someone say "I've got some!"

cookiesh.jpg

:D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I am not sure JG...Magic is our resident Journey expert, they are almost level with Aerosmith as far as her favorite band.

TUNEZ I have heard the same thing about Styx, Fever has seen them more than once with Gowan on vocals and he does a fabulous job. I like his debut solo record as well, can't find it though, just a greatest hits CD.

And Lynch...:heheh:

Seriously I do remember reading about "Neal Schon kicking Steve Perry's ass in a genuine fight". Magic will know when she reads this and can set the record straight.

ANF

Reaction score
^^I've always liked Dennis's voice, all of their best albums have him front and center.

But from the sounds of things, his gesture will come to nothing, not if Shaw and JY don't want him back, even for a one of. I think they are also happy with Gowan, and to have this kind of talk going on would affect how he feels. He's earned some consideration for stepping into DeYoung's shoes years ago.

I don't really follow Styx, but isn't there always some sort of agreement with replacement members? I remember Bruce Kulick and Eric Singer (yet who is back with the band now anyways) both left KISS willingly and with class in 1996 because they were always aware from day one that if Ace or Peter ever wanted back in the band, they'd get dibs and Bruce/Eric would be out of a job. Same happened with Warren Cuccurullo when Duran Duran reunited with the original lineup, although he played with the band since 1986, he stepped aside gracefully for Andy Taylor (although with Andy fired again from the group, I wouldn't mind Warren coming back). With those types of bands, nostalgia always wins out and the original lineups (or as close as you can get) that people grew up with are more important than whoever's in now.

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
3 times in the 70`s I bought tickets to see Styx and 3 times they canceled due to DeYoung, so I`m not a fan of his at all....I recently seen a concert on VH1 Classics that they did with a young orchestra and choir and they rocked hard! If it aint broke...don`t fix it!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I say go for it and just do it. If you don't get along all that well then we'll just chock it up to a Grand Illusion.

:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online