Deep Purple (Official Thread)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I have always considered Deep Purple to be right up there with Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath for what they gave in the 70's to further the development of a Heavy Blues/Hard Rock sound that influenced the Heavy Metal direction. For me this is cast in stone but I read a question recently were someone asked ... Are Deep Purple being squeezed out in favour of Zeppelin and Sabbath as the big three becomes the TWO. Purple being left out more and more as the accolades and celebrations are showered upon the others. This got to me because I have felt for a long while that DP deserve more respect from the music industry and the shakers and dealers that call the shots.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
I have always considered Deep Purple to be right up there with Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath for what they gave in the 70's to further the development of a Heavy Blues/Hard Rock sound that influenced the Heavy Metal direction. For me this is cast in stone but I read a question recently were someone asked ... Are Deep Purple being squeezed out in favour of Zeppelin and Sabbath as the big three becomes the TWO. Purple being left out more and more as the accolades and celebrations are showered upon the others. This got to me because I have felt for a long while that DP deserve more respect from the music industry and the shakers and dealers that call the shots.

I`m with you Sox...

JimJam

Reaction score
I love the California Jam concert,Blackmore goes mad and destroys everything,kinda awesome and sad at the same time.

Yeah, here's one description, from wikipedia.

At the end of the show, guitarist Ritchie Blackmore threw a number of guitars, amplifier and speaker cabinets out into the audience and attacked one of the network's video cameras (which had been getting between him and the audience) with a guitar. Later on, a mishap with a pyrotechnic effect caused one of Blackmore's amplifiers to explode, which briefly set the stage on fire. The group had to leave the concert by helicopter to avoid a possibly ugly confrontation with furious fire marshals and ABC-TV executives (and potential arrest for the pyrotechnics). The damage to the camera was estimated to be $10,000, later settled by the managers.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
well been reading the book on Blackmore good read...the box set for NOW! is sick:bow:

Let me know how it is. I love autobiographies, but I'm not a big fan of biographies not written or co-written by the artist.

:bow::bow::bow:

Excellent post, @Sox! Couldn't agree more!

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Cheers Joker and SDM, I am just listening to Machine Head and even after all the years I've been playing this album I never get tired. It still sounds fresh and just up there with the very best.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Deep Purple never gets old. They are far too killer for that to ever happen.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
deep purple rock

its been a debating day with some upstart thinking purple where aging old as-been`s I nearly throw something at him. the one funny thing he said was there last album was boring and dull, so I asked the name of the album, get ready to :oyea: as he reply come strombringer talk about wet myself once I`d put him right he felt a right charlie:oyea:...

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Staff online

Members online