Deep Purple "NOW What?"

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ultimateclassicrock.com

They might not be making it into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame just yet, but that’s not stopping Deep Purple from moving forward with new music. The legendary British rockers will release a new album titled ‘NOW What?!’ on April 30 in North America via earMUSIC. Fans will get their first taste of the new music from a double A-side single released on March 29.

Deep Purple recorded the album in Nashville with famed rock producer Bob Ezrin, whose long list of credits includes Kiss (‘Destroyer’), Pink Floyd (‘The Wall’), and a slew of early Alice Cooper albums, among many others. ‘NOW What?!’ features 11 new tracks, and according to a press release, the album “was recorded with no musical rules, and it shows a modern and fresh production…to the point that Deep Purple have never sounded so close to the spirit of the ’70s in the last 20 years as they do now.”

In addition to the usual formats, ‘NOW What?!’ will be released as a limited edition with a bonus DVD featuring the band discussing the new album, and including a bonus studio cover version. It will also be released as a double vinyl LP. The double A-side single ‘Hell to Pay’ and ‘All the Time in the World’ will be released on March 29 on 7″ vinyl (limited to 1,000 numbered copies), as well as digital download and a CD single that will also features bonus live versions of ‘Perfect Strangers’ and ‘Rapture of the Deep.’

Deep Purple will also announce a world tour in support of the album soon.

Deep-Purple1.jpg

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Sounds cool to me ....wish Blackmore would come back though.

I don't see why he can't do both projects...Blackmore's Night & Purple...hell throw in a full on Rainbow reunion to that mix.

:grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Unlike the new Sabbath I actually am looking forward to a new Deep Purple album. Should be interesting.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Purple are cool, will buy the new album, can't see Blackmore coming back, I saw the last Mk II line up tour and he wasn't happy then. Should be a good album, won't bother seeing them unless they play close and it's not expensive as seen them loads and don't want to spoil the memories...

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
This should be worth hearing, great to see at least some bands from the classic rock golden era writing new songs and recording new stuff instead of just endlessly touring their greatest hits like some of them do. Steve Morse is as good a rock guitarist as almost anyone else I can name, let Richie Blackmore carry on with his new age/hippie/Medieval stuff.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Steve Morse has loyally stuck with the band for many, many years. If there were to just dump him now - even for Blackmore - they would lose me. Not that they would probably care!

I don't think they will ever go back to the drama.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
The idea of DP working with Bob Ezrin is certainly interesting. A bad album would be unlikely, but whether it will be great is another matter. If Ian Gillan and Tony Iommi said they were going to make an album of new material together, I would be much more interested than in the Sabbath reunion. How about Gillan, Iommi, Hughes and Paice?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online