Your favourite.

• Dark Side Of The Moon

Votes: 34 54.0%
  • Wish You Were Here

Votes: 29 46.0%

• Total voters

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
Here's the thing. I would say, on a technical basis, DSOTM is one of the best albums ever made, and the four band members were right at their peak. But speaking purely on the listening experience I've gone for WYWH.

Jonny Come Lately

The New Kid In Town
Reaction score
As far as my taste in music goes, this is probably the toughest album battle I've seen on CRF, as these are my two favourite albums. I'll start by saying that I think The Dark Side Of The Moon fully justifies its reputation as one of the greatest rock albums ever recorded - as has so often been said the flow of the album is superb and it's not short of highlights either. However, I think Wish You Were Here just edges it for me, chiefly because of the magnificent Shine On You Crazy Diamond in its full nine-part glory.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Two of the best albums of the 70's. Tough choice. Gotta go with Dark Side though. Time = one of my alltime favorite songs, any band.. any era ... any genre
7.5 years later, I stick by this statement.

DSTOM = one of the most incredible, complete albums ever created, if not THE most complete album of all time.

WYWH is amazing and is my 2nd favorite PF album, but I can't see it ever passing up Dark Side for my listening pleasure.

SanguineRemedy

Speed Demon
Reaction score
The Floyd will always be my top band, I love everything they ever put out...

And although WYWH is my favorite album (which will be my vote), I find myself listening to DSotM more often these days. I've played the **** out of both, but DSotM is more evocative for me as of now.

I'm with @Jonny Come Lately on Shine On You Crazy Diamond being a grand masterpiece.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online