Cream (Official Thread)

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
Re: C R E A M

I must admit, we need to play Cream lately. I have there Disrael Gears I think I misspelled it though lol.

PinkFreud

Rock Junkie
Reaction score

Cream was a great band, though too short-lived. Imagine if they had continued to record and tour together for a few more years?
I especially love "Crossroads" and "Sunshine of Your Love". Clapton's guitar on those songs summed up in one word: AMAZING!

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score

Cream was a great band, though too short-lived. Imagine if they had continued to record and tour together for a few more years?
I especially love "Crossroads" and "Sunshine of Your Love". Clapton's guitar on those songs summed up in one word: AMAZING!

Check out Blue Condition! There's 2 takes 1 with Clapton singing an 1 with Ginger Baker singing

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score

Yes, if only we had another three or four more albums from the Cream!

It's said that one of the reasons Eric Clapton disbanded the Cream was that he was so blown away by the album "Music from the Big Pink" that he wanted to pursue a new and different sound himself with a band of multi-instrumentalists. It's ironic since the Cream is still revered today by a near fanatical base of fans while the Band has started to fade away into the mists of distant memory.

:wa:

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score

Yes, if only we had another three or four more albums from the Cream!

It's said that one of the reasons Eric Clapton disbanded the Cream was that he was so blown away by the album "Music from the Big Pink" that he wanted to pursue a new and different sound himself with a band of multi-instrumentalists. It's ironic since the Cream is still revered today by a near fanatical base of fans while the Band has started to fade away into the mists of distant memory.

:wa:

I thought it was because Ginger and Jack where fighting.

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score

That was another reason although the two had been fighting well before they formed the Cream. It was so bad at one point when they were both with the Graham Bond Organization in 1965 that they took to sabotaging each other's equipment and would actually get into fights on stage! Jack Bruce has been quoted as saying that one of the best things to have come out of Cream's reunion concerts in 2005 is that he and Ginger were finally able to patch up their relationship and that they are now friends.

A third reason was that Eric thought that the band didn't really work as a unit anyway. They competed on stage and were just trying to outplay each other.

:uh:

Last edited:

Flower

retired
Reaction score

Foxhound said:
It's ironic since the Cream is still revered today by a near fanatical base of fans while the Band has started to fade away into the mists of distant memory.

I disagree .. I don't believe that The Band has faded away in the mist of distant memory for their fans. These bands had different styles and sounds.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I disagree .. I don't believe that The Band has faded away in the mist of distant memory for their fans. These bands had different styles and sounds.

You are right, besides Fox is a confirmed member of the "Fanatical Cream Fanbase" he mentioned so his bias is showing.:heheh:

Clapton wasn't the only one blown away by the Band's stellar album, many others were influenced by it as well.

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

May I add that the best Clapton was to be found in his Cream period (skewz he pun :):))

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online