Cradle of Filth (Official Thread)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Re: Cradle of filth

Heres a pic of the non famous Lou Realm armwrestling backstage the more famous Gian ex guitarist of CRADLE OF FILTH ........of course he won against a feeble me............he also beat me in the Gene Simmons lookalike contest..:oyea:

Attachments

• l_cd44928dcdf3d5fcdcd9e4c5d544695b.jpg
    l_cd44928dcdf3d5fcdcd9e4c5d544695b.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 54

Harkat

Reaction score

Not a huge fan of them honestly. I think there are better bands out there. I did enjoy a few songs that my friend played for me by them, but other then that not a fan.

Define better; and who may these bands be?

b.o.b.

Reaction score

Back in the 90s I was a big fan of CoF, the first three albums (1994-Principle Of Evil Made Flesh, 1996-Dusk And Her Embrace and 1998-Cruelty And The Beast) were constantly in heavy rotation on my cassette player. I even had two t-shirts with Dusk… and Cruelty…:heheh:. Their music was quite original those days, with deep roots into black metal and with a lot of other more influences from symphonic to gothic and even a bit of heavy metal, with catchy cover art and catchy stories. After 2000 my interest into this band faded from album to album. I only bought the 2004 cd Nymphetamine attracted by the single with Liv Kristine. Yesterday I listened to the new album, Darkly, Darkly, Venus Aversa, and it remembered me of the old albums. Maybe because I wasn’t paying very much attention to their 2000’s releases. I quite enjoyed the music, It’s not bad at all, and I will definitely listen to it again :grinthumb.

Harkat

Reaction score

I found this while scouring the internet.

Cradle of Filth change from Roadrunner to Peaceville
For this release, the band wanted mastery of their own destiny, choosing to release the album on their very own AbraCadaver label in conjunction with Peaceville Records, home to such illicit luminaries as DARKTHRONE, KATATONIA, MY DYING BRIDE, BLOODBATH and GALLHAMMER, among many others. Vocalist Dani Filth has described the move as being "a choice to move away from the artistic restrictions/mindless inhibitions imposed by dwelling on a major label" and cites the current financial clime as "the perfect opportunity to start doing things our own way again, with the added benefit of being a far bigger fish in a proverbial pool, surrounded by people who have been handpicked to get the job best done. And more importantly... who still are hungry for the taste of music."

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Really cool....that I didn't know Harkat. Label switch huh?? Well this may be a good thing for them artistically. I'm looking forward to the new CD and picking it up today.

Harkat

Reaction score

Yes, I agree. especially if big labels are being as greedy, manipulative and unimaginative as possible!
I will give extra though to buying their next album

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Metal, I just had my new roommate play me the "Nymphetamine" track and I think it's great! What I love the most besides the female artist is how the growling vocalist actually blends in with the melody and is somewhat coherent! :cheers2

Last edited by a moderator:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Back in the 90s I was a big fan of CoF, the first three albums (1994-Principle Of Evil Made Flesh, 1996-Dusk And Her Embrace and 1998-Cruelty And The Beast) were constantly in heavy rotation on my cassette player. I even had two t-shirts with Dusk… and Cruelty…:heheh:. Their music was quite original those days, with deep roots into black metal and with a lot of other more influences from symphonic to gothic and even a bit of heavy metal, with catchy cover art and catchy stories. After 2000 my interest into this band faded from album to album. I only bought the 2004 cd Nymphetamine attracted by the single with Liv Kristine. Yesterday I listened to the new album, Darkly, Darkly, Venus Aversa, and it remembered me of the old albums. Maybe because I wasn’t paying very much attention to their 2000’s releases. I quite enjoyed the music, It’s not bad at all, and I will definitely listen to it again :grinthumb.

I haven't listen to them since the first two. I was kind of turned off by Cruelty TBH for whatever reason but I too like the track Nymphetamine . How is the entire Nymphetamine album Bob ?
Is it on par with the single or disappointing from there ?

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online