Cosmic's 50 Top Singers Ever

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I think Linda Perry helped write a bunch of songs for Pink that became big hits.

She did and for Christina Aguilera as well! She's in my top five songwriters! Another great pick for vocals as well Cosmic! I own her solo album Cosmic and my favorite song by her is this:

Knock Me Out

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
^^ I still love my 4 Non Blondes CD!! :grinthumb

It's a really good album. I love everything Linda's put out regardless of the banner it's under. :good

She did and for Christina Aguilera as well! She's in my top five songwriters! Another great pick for vocals as well Cosmic! I own her solo album Cosmic and my favorite song by her is this:

Knock Me Out

Ah yes! Another great song. I have both of her solo albums as well the lone 4 Non Blondes album. I have one song that I could probably call my favorite of her solo career but I'm still saving it for the Thirst so I'll just keep it a secret for now. :D

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Ronnie James Dio
Dio-1.jpg

Ronnie James Dio was without a doubt one of the strongest and most consistent singers not only in metal and rock but probably in music in general. Back in the day I was very much against Ronnie. I thought "I cannot believe anyone could replace Ozzy in Sabbath." and refused to listen to anything from them with anyone else singing. Then somewhere along the way I gave "Heaven and Hell" a chance and immediately had to revoke my sentiments. I was that blown away by Ronnie's skill. He had a voice that just billowed from his small frame with such force that it's unbelievable that he never seemed to wear down. You can listen to his recordings from the "Heaven and Hell" album in 1980 and the "Live From Radio City Music Hall" album almost three decades later and you would never guess that there was such a gap between the recordings. Ronnie's mighty vocals never lost a step.

Don't Talk to Strangers (Live)

Ronnie was a big influence for me in the early days of molding my voice and I wept at news of his passing.

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Well detailed list so far Cosmic :tup: Looking forward to who else makes the cut.

Steven and Ronnie are among some of my favourite singers. That video of Linda Perry you posted was quite good too, I may just have to check out more of her stuff (surprisingly, I'd never even heard of her).

Unfortunately, no matter how gifted a singer he is, I've never enjoyed listening to George Michael singing, so I'll leave that one alone :)D) but again great list and I look forward to seeing who else is in the list :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Well detailed list so far Cosmic :tup: Looking forward to who else makes the cut.

Steven and Ronnie are among some of my favourite singers. That video of Linda Perry you posted was quite good too, I may just have to check out more of her stuff (surprisingly, I'd never even heard of her).

Thanks Feldy. Glad you're liking it. :good

It doesn't surprise me that you never heard of Linda Perry before this. She's not exactly a big name musician. She is pretty well sought after as a songwriter though.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Elton John
EltonJohn.png

Not only is Sir Elton John the single most dominant man in popular music but is also by miles and miles one of the most talented singers in music. Back in what many around these parts would call his golden years, Elton had a very rich tenor voice and was able to sing out with the cut loose enthusiasm of rock and roll innovators like Jerry Lee Lewis and Little Richard. At the same time Elton was also able to sing very tender, lucid ballads that strutted his versatility as a vocalist. Around the mid 80's or so though Elton's voice began to age and drop. Since then his spry tenor has developed into a very full baritone. Despite the shift in his vocal register however Elton's passion has never swayed and he still conducts himself with the prowess that is expected of one of music's finest singers.

Bennie and the Jets (Live)

I believe it has been established that when singers of the last four decades want to sound beautiful they aim to sound like Elton John.

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Ah Elton John. Great musician, fast rising up my personal chain of favourite all time artists. He's easily nestled in the top ten by now, maybe even top 5 some days.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Ah Elton John. Great musician, fast rising up my personal chain of favourite all time artists. He's easily nestled in the top ten by now, maybe even top 5 some days.

He's not quite a top ten artist for me but he's certainly up there in the top 20, maybe top 15. :grinthumb

Cool list so far Cosmic! Lovin the descriptions to get to really know why you picked em~

Glad you're liking it Kuaizi. I've posted lists before without much clarification but since singing is the musical medium I hold the closest to heart I wanted everyone to know exactly why it is I hold these singers with the highest of respect. :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online