• What's a Coldplay?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not a "hidden Coldplay fan"

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
Ok Coldplay fans, I have a question. Generally not a huge fan, don't I hate them or anything, but not into them either. Anyway, I saw a video once of a song that was somewhat darker and harder rock than the average Coldplay siong, and I actually liked it. It wasn't one of the megahits that still populate the radio up here, and I have never heard it again. Any ideas? I know the description sucks but they did make a video for it.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Ok Coldplay fans, I have a question. Generally not a huge fan, don't I hate them or anything, but not into them either. Anyway, I saw a video once of a song that was somewhat darker and harder rock than the average Coldplay siong, and I actually liked it. It wasn't one of the megahits that still populate the radio up here, and I have never heard it again. Any ideas? I know the description sucks but they did make a video for it.

Know any lyrics? How long ago was it?

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
Must be 3 - 4 years ago. No idea on the lyrics, all I remember was that it didn't sound like Coldplay, which is probably why I never heard it again. Geez, usually I never forget a song, but this one has me stumped.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Must be 3 - 4 years ago. No idea on the lyrics, all I remember was that it didn't sound like Coldplay, which is probably why I never heard it again. Geez, usually I never forget a song, but this one has me stumped.

It honestly could be anything. If I had more clues I could figure it out. :uh:

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
You watch a lot of videos? What is the video you have seen the least of theirs..maybe I can start there.

Edit: Ok, found it. Yeah it is still Coldplay, but at least it sounded a little darker than normal. Not a bad song. I only see videos on You Tube and our radio station won't play anything but the most mainstream hits (Mix 101, you guys SUCK!), so if this was a big hit I didn't know about it.

Last edited:

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
No hiding here, I have all 4 Coldplay CDs and really like the first 3. The most recent was kind of a letdown imho.

My rankings:

X&Y
A Rush Of Blood To The Head
Parachutes
Viva La Vida

ANF

Reaction score
All four of their albums are good, but as a whole I really found myself into Viva La Vida the most and how they really tried new things and went for a more bombastic sound. But I also really liked the melodic beauty of A Rush Of Blood To The Head.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
All four of their albums are good, but as a whole I really found myself into Viva La Vida the most and how they really tried new things and went for a more bombastic sound.

Definitely, and i'm glad that went about that album a bit differently than any of their releases prior. They've got a lot of talent and the Viva La Vida release really shows it.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiammeee

Members online