Cleveland Rock Hall announced

TrekkiELO

Reaction score
I may be way off base here but I have a theory on this.
The "Powers that be" save out some of the Big name Groups/Artists for future inductions to have something to fall back on(Show). I know it sounds 1/2 ass but thats the way I see it.
Rush&alot of other bands probly don't give 2 shits about being in there,Just another Award. It's more for the fans.
Living 50mi away from the place I only set foot in there once,Was alright but I didn't see what the big deal was,Ya see the same thing more or less if ya go to any Hard Rock Cafe.

One major problem with that theory, TPTB can't hold back those big name bands/artists for future induction ceremonies forever because they'll all be dead at the rate they're inducting 'em, so there would be no show, 2 members of ELO have already passed since 2/19/2009!

:uh:

Oh and I do not like Rush or Heart, but congratulations to Randy Newman and Donna Summer!

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^With all due respect to Newman and Donna Summer, RUSH and Heart have a much better legacy, and Donna passed away not too long ago.

I think Squidbilly makes a good point they do seem to ignore obvious choices perhaps saving them for later, but as Rick noted a lot of the old rockers are dying now and won't be around to enjoy the honour.

Squidbilly

Tunes from the shed
Reaction score
One major problem with that theory, TPTB can't hold back those big name bands/artists for future induction ceremonies forever because they'll all be dead at the rate they're inducting 'em, so there would be no show, 2 members of ELO have already passed since 2/19/2009!

:uh:

Oh and I do not like Rush or Heart, but congratulations to Randy Newman and Donna Summer!
What I mean by "Show" is for TPTB/Judges/Owners operators/Stockholders/The ones that call the shots,Have to make a showing or the whole thing falls apart&gets stale,Loss in Revinue is what im trying to get at.
I know this subject has been beatin to death but Look at the Mixture of artists they have year by year living&dead,Music Generes/Disco/Pop/Rap/Gangster rap that I would Not call Rock&Roll.
With all due respect to the late Donna Summer,I Never heard a Rock&Roll tune of hers on the radio&I've been listening for a long time.
It's to make their Show.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Staff online

Members online