Classic Rock Songs you despise (or just don't care for)

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
How about the Bee Gee's when they invented disco.

Whatever the Bee Gees did, inventing disco wasn't one of them.

Destroying disco though was one of John Travolta's most noteworthy accomplishments. I'm not sure any form of music could have survived his visage becoming it's public face.

:drums:

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Midnight Rider wrote:

How about the Bee Gee's when they invented disco. In fact the whole disco genre is just tedious.

For the sake of being unpopular it wasn't the Bee Gees who were solely responcible for bring Disco to our attention, but I do agree about Disco being rather tedious :D I reckon 60s Bee Gees is far more interesting musically! :D

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Foxhound wrote:

Agggghhhh! Putting either "Satisfaction" or "Jumpin' Jack Flash" on this list is a heinous misdeed.

Not from where I'm sitting - and those tracks are simply a joke which the media are always taking the pleasure of showing when Mick and the Boys decide to perform.

Lord Grendel wrote:

I like Under My Thumb as well, I think I am retiring from this thread...:lmao:

You will be happy to know that Del Shannon does a worse cover of Under my Thumb - which is a shame cause I rather like Del Shannon! :D

And who could forget about Joe Cocker performing "With A Little Help From My Friends" - that seemed to be the worst thing about the TV show the Wonder Years! :wtf:

:bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Foxhound wrote:

I agree! I can't stand those Kim Mitchell recordings either. Another track I despise is "Jesus Is just Alright with Me" by the Doobie Brothers. I'm not big on pop religion being preached at me over the airways. You can take your views on Jesus and stuff it boys.

:wtf:

That's funny cause The Byrds did that song as well which is on their Easy Rider Album and is one of their early covers of a Gospel song.

rtbuck

Reaction score
For me with Zeppelin there are so many songs I like & just as many I don't care for.
A few I don't care for:
The Rain Song
Kashmir
Battle of the Evermore
Fool in the Rain
No Quarter
Stairway to Heaven(I can't say I despise or Hate it Because it is a great song I just don't care if I hear it again)

I'm kind of the same with Hendrix.There are a lot of songs I like but I get bored with a lot

This is just my opinion & hell on certain days I could throw on Hendrix's 'Midnight Lightning' album & really get into it

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Foxhound wrote:

Agggghhhh! Putting either "Satisfaction" or "Jumpin' Jack Flash" on this list is a heinous misdeed.

Not from where I'm sitting - and those tracks are simply a joke which the media are always taking the pleasure of showing when Mick and the Boys decide to perform.

"Satisfaction" was positively electrifying when it was first released in May of 1965. It was the hardest, edgiest track to have ever hit the charts to that point. Think I'm wrong? Just start looking at earlier charts and you'll see.

:D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
In fact the whole disco genre is just tedious.

Disco is history! literally. There has never been another genre of music that is so "danceable" and so short lived.

I LOVED disco, even if it did have some pretty terrible music. It was a fun genre. :)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
"Satisfaction" was positively electrifying when it was first released in May of 1965. It was the hardest, edgiest track to have ever hit the charts to that point. Think I'm wrong? Just start looking at earlier charts and you'll see.

:D

Har Har! It is electrifying alright :lmao:

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
I stumbled upon two groups that still make my skin crawl after all these years while researching my eighties list - Culture Club and WHAM.

:yuk:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online