Classic Rock Radio Overplayed songs.

Most overplayed song on Classic Rock Radio?

• Stairway To Heaven ~ Led Zeppelin

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Free Bird ~ Lynyrd Skynyrd

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Money ~ Pink Floyd

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Don't Stop Believin' ~ Journey

• Born To Run ~ Bruce Springsteen & The E. Street Band

• Other (Name it)

Votes: 16 41.0%

• Total voters

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Of the ones listed, easily Born To Run. What a turd of a song. Overplaying the everlovin' hell out of it has done nothing to make it better.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
"Born To Run" in these parts! Oh and "Free Bird" cannot be overplayed. Those of you who think so, are now on my ignore list! I'm joking of course, but seriously, I could listen to that song all day long and not get tired of it. Besides, I don't think I've EVER heard it on the radio, neither here in Austria or in Denmark. IF there's any Skynyrd on the radio, it's "Sweet Home Alabama" (and I'm not getting tired of that one either :heheh:).

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I've gone for " Don't Stop Believin' ". I will say though one of my favourite bands Free and "All Right Now", great song but they did many great songs .. why overkill a tune ?

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Sox: That's a great example of beating a band to death with one track. If a person doesn't know anything else by Free, it's because AM/FM radio has only played one song from them over the last 44-45 years.

I like the song, but if I never heard it again, it wouldn't bother me at all.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^^:heheh: I really like the tune but you're bang on, I know of folk that give the band a wide birth cos they are sick of the one tune.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
^^^ I agree about Alright Now, I used to love it and now it pretty much washes over me cos I've heard it so much over the years.
From the list I'd pick Don't Sop Believin' especially since The X-Factor made it hugely popular again over here a few years back, although it's not so much the radio that keeps banging it on but just that everywhere you go, from weddings to background music in shops, there it is rearing its ugly head.
I do think what's overplayed here in UK can differ quite a bit to which songs by the same band are overplayed over The Pond - I hear Zeppelin's Whole Lotta Love and Communication Breakdown more than any others.
Anyone that knows me knows how much I love Metallica, but I sure wish they would stop playing Enter Sandman so much, talk about major overkill.

As for voting in the poll I'm going to go with 'Other', having Sweat Child o' Mine in mind - another song that has been played to absolute death by the radio, so much so I actually quite despise the thing now.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Probably something lame like The Boys Are Back In Town or BTO's Ain't Seen Nothing Yet. Cannot stand either one!

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
I will say though one of my favourite bands Free and "All Right Now", great song but they did many great songs .. why overkill a tune ?

Couldn't agree more about All Right Now! Good song but way way too overplayed. The funny thing is, for the longest time I thought it was Bad Company singing All Right Now.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online