Cities On Flame With Rock And Roll VS Paradise City

Which Song?

• Total voters

Lola

snow snow snow
Reaction score
I know a song can be overplayed. Still that should not be the main reason why you would dislike it.

Well in all seriousness I'm just not a big GnR fan. I cannot disagree with the fact that they did put out a couple great tunes, but those are the ones that get overplayed. Just never thought they were as good as people made them out to be.

But that's just my opinion :)

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Well in all seriousness I'm just not a big GnR fan. I cannot disagree with the fact that they did put out a couple great tunes, but those are the ones that get overplayed. Just never thought they were as good as people made them out to be.

But that's just my opinion :)

OK, I can go with that, but what's so good about Cities On Flame With Rock And Roll?????

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Just trying to get a good discussion going....

I prefer the Live version of Cities on Flame to the studio one, which is rare for me. And I agree with what Lola just posted, summarizes how I feel about Axl and his band in a nutshell.

Lola

snow snow snow
Reaction score
Just trying to get a good discussion going....

Looks like ya have :grinthumb

OK, I can go with that, but what's so good about Cities On Flame With Rock And Roll?????

I think it's a great tune. One of those songs that get better the louder you play it. Just like 'Do You Feel Like We Do' live. No way to listen to that one but LOUD :D

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Lola, I agree on playing the Frampton tune very loud. I do not know every song made by BOC, but enough to have an opinion. They made a lot better songs then Cities.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
I can't really explain why I like ''Cities On Flame With Rock And Roll''...I just do. :grinthumb

It was kind of a ''rock anthem'' type of song...

a nice party tune...

I never thought it as simplistic.

Plus, I really don't judge a song on how much skill it takes to play it.

I mean, I like The Ramones, and they're pretty simplistic.

And on the other hand, a lot of these 70's prog rock bands, who I guess have a lot of skills with their instruments -- bore me to death. (Not talking about Yes, Tull or ELP!)

Anyway, I do like ''Paradise City'' too - it kicks ass. Great song. I'm just trying to give Electric Funeral an answer.

For me, I like both songs, so it's all good!! :D

:cheers:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Staff online

Members online