That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
classicrockrevisited

MICHAEL ANTHONY: CHICKENFOOT SHOULD OPEN FOR VAN HALEN
Brought To You By VH1’s Dave Basner

Chickenfoot, the supergroup featuring former Van Halen members Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony, will release their sophomore effort, Chickenfoot III, on September 27th. Van Halen are also rumored to be releasing a new album this fall. So what does Michael think of that?

“I know people, from the fans and the critics, they’ll all be doing the heavy comparison thing and you know what, I’d be lying if I didn’t say, ‘Yeah, sure I’m interested to hear what a new album, you know, what they got happening.’ But I’m very proud of what we’ve done and I don’t mind at all. They can put their album out before, after on the same day. They want to go out on tour, we’ll open up for them, I don’t care (laughs).”

While a Chickenfoot-Van Halen tour is doubtful, what is a sure thing is that Chickenfoot III will hit shelves on September 27th. The album’s first single, “Big Foot,” is out now. Learn more at Chickenfoot.us.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Alot of snubbing going on between the Van Halens and Sammy and Michael.. They have reason to be a little boastful since they can produce a great CD without all the problems that the Van Halen's are having ..

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Michael Anthony said:
They want to go out on tour, we’ll open up for them, I don’t care (laughs).

While I'm sure he is joking about this, think about it for a moment. If VH and Chickenfoot toured together, it could very easily be one of the biggest tours of the year. How many people would pay go to see 3/4 of original Van Halen and 1/2 of Van Hagar with freakin' Joe Satriani on the same ticket!?

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I highly doubt he would honestly do that if they offered. :p

But I agree with the premise. I think Chickenfoot would be a perfect opening act for Van Halen.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Never underestimate the power of money...that would be a tremendously successful tour on every level for both bands.

But the depth of animosity does seem too well established to make this a reality.

I get the feeling the biggest problem with VH is Eddie as usual as far as holding up the new album release. I respect and revere him when he has a guitar in his hand, but otherwise I don't have a lot of use for him, I still think his years of drinking/smoking and other nasty habits have left a permanent mark on his ability to function at every level.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I think it would make for a big show for sure...I also don't see it happening. Mainly from Van Halen but it's been fun watching Mike and Sammy with so much confidence and being so secure with themselves.

ANF

Reaction score
I actually think it'd be great because it could lead to a lot of jamming between groups, and all of the members of Van Halen people care about (although Extreme can join opening as well if they want to have all the members)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online