Cheap Trick (Official Thread)

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
Re: Cheap Trick

Surrender is my fav Cheap Trick song KMET.:cheers:

It's one of mine, too, LG. There aren't too, too many CT songs I like but "Surrender" is right up there with "Big Eyes" and "The Flame". :cheers:

rtbuck

Reaction score

I became a fan of Cheap Trick when they released 'In Color'. That whole album was great. "Hello There" is the ultimate concert opener. I love "Big Eyes", "Clock Strikes Ten", "I Want You To Want Me","Downed","Southern Girls" & "Come On Come On". I liked the first album as well with songs like "Elo Kiddies","Hot Love",He's a Whore"... but then in '78 'Heaven Tonight' was released & that was the ultimate for me.I love the guitars at the beginning of "On Top of the World" & this record has 2 great Partying tunes that still serve that partying purpose today..."Surrender" & "California Man"(the later is a cover of the Move).The 2 songs that are real standouts are "Auf Weidershen"(My favorite Cheap Trick tune) & "Heaven Tonight". If you haven't done it yet make up a mix CD & put these 2 songs right next to each other.They just fit together perfect & it should have been that way on the record. I seen them back in 1978 with a band called 1994 opening & it was a hell of a show.I was amazed at all of the guitars Rick Nielson had lined up on the stage & was even more amazed when he brought out that 5 neck guitar! During "Surrender" when it came to the part of "...Got my Kiss Records Out!!" Robin Zander tossed Kiss R & R Over albums out. I seen Cheap Trick a total of 5 times & 4 of the 5 times they were amazing.Although it was a good show I was a bit disappointed on the 'Dream Police Tour' for some reason(Sammy Hagar opened & was phenominal so I'm not sure if he was a little too much in the opening slot). Other Stand out tracks that I love would be:
My Baby Loves to Rock
Everything Works if You let it
Stop the Game
Gonna Raise Hell
Dream Police
Looking Out For #1
One On One
Dancing The Night Away
She's Tight
Sick Man of Europe
Just Got Back
...To Name a few. Great Band!! One of my favorites

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

Here's another great song of theirs long forgotten by me until I just found it on iTunes. From 1985's Standing on the Edge:

Trickster

Reaction score

I've always liked Cheap Trick - great combination of pop hooks and crunchy power chords. I was 16 when "At Budokan" came out and was also forming my first band at the time. We were all big Cheap Trick fans and we played nearly half of that album.

It's cool that they still have the original lineup together, although remember Tom Petersson did quit for a couple years in the 80's then came back.

I pretty much like all the hits and some of the other tunes I like include -

Hello There
Big Eyes
Downed
Clock Strikes Ten
Southern Girls
Takin' Me Back
Stiff Competition
On Top Of The World
I'll Be With You Tonight
Need Your Love
Baby Loves To Rock
Y.O.Y.
Heaven's Falling

A few years ago I took my son to see Cheap Trick for his first concert and he had a blast.

I took my kids to see Cheap Trick for their very first concert:cheers:

Trickster

Reaction score

I became a fan of Cheap Trick when they released 'In Color'. That whole album was great. "Hello There" is the ultimate concert opener. I love "Big Eyes", "Clock Strikes Ten", "I Want You To Want Me","Downed","Southern Girls" & "Come On Come On". I liked the first album as well with songs like "Elo Kiddies","Hot Love",He's a Whore"... but then in '78 'Heaven Tonight' was released & that was the ultimate for me.I love the guitars at the beginning of "On Top of the World" & this record has 2 great Partying tunes that still serve that partying purpose today..."Surrender" & "California Man"(the later is a cover of the Move).The 2 songs that are real standouts are "Auf Weidershen"(My favorite Cheap Trick tune) & "Heaven Tonight". If you haven't done it yet make up a mix CD & put these 2 songs right next to each other.They just fit together perfect & it should have been that way on the record. I seen them back in 1978 with a band called 1994 opening & it was a hell of a show.I was amazed at all of the guitars Rick Nielson had lined up on the stage & was even more amazed when he brought out that 5 neck guitar! During "Surrender" when it came to the part of "...Got my Kiss Records Out!!" Robin Zander tossed Kiss R & R Over albums out. I seen Cheap Trick a total of 5 times & 4 of the 5 times they were amazing.Although it was a good show I was a bit disappointed on the 'Dream Police Tour' for some reason(Sammy Hagar opened & was phenominal so I'm not sure if he was a little too much in the opening slot). Other Stand out tracks that I love would be:
My Baby Loves to Rock
Everything Works if You let it
Stop the Game
Gonna Raise Hell
Dream Police
Looking Out For #1
One On One
Dancing The Night Away
She's Tight
Sick Man of Europe
Just Got Back
...To Name a few. Great Band!! One of my favorites

:bow:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

That is a great picture Trickster...:tup:

I imagine it is one of your most prized photographs.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Nice pic babe!! :grinthumb

I love everything Cheap Trick has ever put out... except "The Doctor". But still it has it's moments.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online