LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Cheap Trick

Surrender is my fav Cheap Trick song KMET.:cheers:

runtfan

Reaction score

I've always liked Cheap Trick - great combination of pop hooks and crunchy power chords. I was 16 when "At Budokan" came out and was also forming my first band at the time. We were all big Cheap Trick fans and we played nearly half of that album.

It's cool that they still have the original lineup together, although remember Tom Petersson did quit for a couple years in the 80's then came back.

I pretty much like all the hits and some of the other tunes I like include -

Hello There
Big Eyes
Downed
Clock Strikes Ten
Southern Girls
Takin' Me Back
Stiff Competition
On Top Of The World
I'll Be With You Tonight
Need Your Love
Baby Loves To Rock
Y.O.Y.
Heaven's Falling

A few years ago I took my son to see Cheap Trick for his first concert and he had a blast.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

I really need to revisit CT's catalogue. I've never been a big fan. I like a few songs here and there, but some of their biggest hits were (are) songs I just couldn't get into, such as Dream Police and Surrender. I Want You To Want me is a cool tune, but it just gets SO overplayed on the radio, that it's worn on me.

I'll have to check out some of the vids here later (so bookmarking the thread as a reminder)

if anyone has a couple of suggestions, fire away

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Heaven Tonight is my fave album Lynch, and Live at Budokan was good. I didn't really like Dream Police that much.

Nobody commented on the Sgt Pepper's cover album I posted, so I guess I am alone on my island when it comes to that CD.:heheh:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

I saw the cover art you posted. I never knew they did that. I will definitely be checking out those videos later and anything else I can find on the internet from that album.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

A good friend of mine really liked "The Latest", their new CD. I listened to it twice, but it didn't grab me yet,,,I might have to play it a couple of more times to really get a proper handle on it...but there is never enough "Time!" to get to everything anymore.

Trickster

Reaction score

Heaven Tonight is my fave album Lynch, and Live at Budokan was good. I didn't really like Dream Police that much.

Nobody commented on the Sgt Pepper's cover album I posted, so I guess I am alone on my island when it comes to that CD.:heheh:

It's an awesome CD LG.. So is video if you haven't seen it.:cheers:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I haven't seen the video Trickster, but I give them tons of credit for first having the guts to do a cover of that album, and second for pulling it off in style....:bow:

I never thought CT would have that kind of Chutzpah, but they did and do.:D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online