Carl Palmer's Incredible Drum Solo

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
This is amazing!

Fanfare for the Common Man by Asia (Wetton, Downes, Howe and Palmer) live in concert at the National Harbor in Alexandria, VA 23rd July 2009.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
From westenterprise at YouTube:

"Prelude sequence to The Solo: a film by artist Andrew Cross featuring Carl Palmer. The film contains five solo sequences including a full drum kit solo of over 11 minutes. First shown at Ikon Eastside, Birmingham July 2010. For further information including public screenings -www.andrewcross.co.uk"

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Been a huge fan of Carl Palmer's from the first time I heard "Tank" from my fave ELP record decades ago.:drums: Easily one of my top 5 drummers of all time. Doesn't surprise me that some critics didn't appreciate him, they almost all trashed ELP at one time or another.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
They are my favourite band. BBC DJ John Peel famously described them as, "A waste of talent and electricity." His own musical taste never failed to astonish me. Keith Emerson described him as someone who liked the growth of the tree, but never the fruit.

bogert

Banned
Reaction score
All of them were Rocking Just love their solo play ....Awesome:bonk:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
All great musicians....always thought they had a bit of a rough time trying to down play and be a bit more straight forward in the context of ASIA, but that doesn't mean that I don't like the band or their other bands and talents.

This clip was pretty awesome however. Really strong jam.

The ONLY criticism I have with it, is I wish Carl would try and refrain a bit from the double bass when doing the gong bit. He never was consistant at keeping that together. The idea is good and would be alot cooler if it was more of a machine gun effect.

:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online