Can You Recommend Some Modern Bands With A 70's Classic Rock Retro Sound?

Hey Man

Banned
Reaction score
I appreciate the suggestions, but none of these bands sound very 70's classic rock ala Zeppelin and Humble Pie. They are more 50's and 60's sounding.

You're describing quite a large proportion of my journal! :heheh: (I'm not intentionally plugging, it just keeps becoming relevant!)

Here, I scraped them out for you:

The Honey Pies
The Soft Pack
Joe Gideon And The Shark
Powderfinger (IMO)
Tame Impala
Deep Sea Arcade
Driving Control
Hell City Glamours
The Snowdroppers
The Drones
Bonjah

:D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
If you are looking for bands similar to Zeppelin and Humble Pie that are new I am afraid you are going to be out of luck. You listed my two favorites that reminded me of the early 70's rock scene, there is a reason those bands are unique especially Led Zeppelin.

You might have better luck if you look into older bands from the mid to late 60's that influenced the ones you listed, there were quite a few lesser known bands you might like.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
If you are looking for bands similar to Zeppelin and Humble Pie that are new I am afraid you are going to be out of luck. You listed my two favorites that reminded me of the early 70's rock scene, there is a reason those bands are unique especially Led Zeppelin.

You might have better luck if you look into older bands from the mid to late 60's that influenced the ones you listed, there were quite a few lesser known bands you might like.

:grinthumb

I agree, all I could think of was stuff that's modern but has that retro vibe, bands that take up the big riffs after all Jimmy Page was known as the "riffmaster" in his day.

dangermusic

Reaction score
definitely check out Earl Greyhound, especially their first album Soft Targets. Also Rose Hill Drive. Also, there's a Scandinavian (Swedish?) band whose name I can't remember right now, i think it starts with T. Anyone know who i'm thinking of?

Earl Greyhound

Rose Hill Drive

spudnuto

Reaction score
These guys reminded me of late 70s City Boy (FWIW - Paul McCartney supposedly likes 'em)

Kaiser Chiefs - "Ruby"

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online